Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Tay5985
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed out an injector about a month ago its been good since until the other day... it started having a slight misfire when first started and driven in the mornings... goes away once its warmed up... what would cause this? My fuel pressure holds steady at 62psi at idle and wont drop below 55psi at wide open throttle even on a race tune... any input would be appreciated.. Thanks

·
bring the chain
1,345 Posts
Changed out an injector about a month ago its been good since until the other day... it started having a slight misfire when first started and driven in the mornings... goes away once its warmed up... what would cause this? My fuel pressure holds steady at 62psi at idle and wont drop below 55psi at wide open throttle even on a race tune... any input would be appreciated.. Thanks
spool valve stiction. i have been playing with rev x. seems to work good. look into geting some.

·
That Guy
1,264 Posts
could just be stictions since it goes away...what oil are you runnin and when was the last time you changed it?

·
Registered
368 Posts
is it the same injector you replaced? is the miss accompanied by blueish white fuel haze out the exhaust? if youre not running rotella 5-40 syn try switching first.dino oil deposits are the whole reason behind stiction.imo the snake oil is overpriced for what it is.if you want to go that route theres cheaper alternatives.

·
Tay5985
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ive been runnin rotella non synthetic... im due for an oil change in a few hundred miles so ill change it to synthetic and see if it helps

·
Reppin' the 6.4L
2,341 Posts
Change to 5W-40 synthetic and add two bottles of Rev-X, along with a new Motorcraft filter.

·
Registered
772 Posts
once one injector goes the rest are not too far behind. revx and 5w40 will help if you dont mind paying over 200 for an oil change. I would replace it, if you can might want to replace the remaining ones.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
once one injector goes the rest are not too far behind. revx and 5w40 will help if you dont mind paying over 200 for an oil change. I would replace it, if you can might want to replace the remaining ones.

I have to argue with that. 1000's of customers have had one or more with an issue. Added rev-x and have had zero replacements or issues AND it took care of their cold starts and the rough injector to boot.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have to argue with that. 1000's of customers have had one or more with an issue. Added rev-x and have had zero replacements or issues AND it took care of their cold starts and the rough injector to boot.
:whs:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts