Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Pissed in your Cheerios..
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as I ranted earlier...VHT Nite Shades ruined my headlights...or so I thought.

I decided until I buy some new housings, I'll improvise for than to cover that crap up.

So here it is, Just black paint, tape and a very keen eye (took me like 30 mins to line up the lines)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
get an upclose please. ive been wanting to do this but i haven't had the time to sit and figure out where the lines should start. thats what i want to see.

·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't go down as much as most people do but it turned out great!

I recommend Rust-oleum trim and bumper paint because it is extremely durable, flexes and won't chip, and covers very nice. I only did 2 coats and I'll probably do a lot more so no light comes through.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
alright thanks. i put 05 style lights so it might be a bit different. ill either use plasti dip or actually have the guy at the tint shop do it with 5% or something like that. maybe white plastidip.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
by the way ive got the 02 style headlight driver side assembly if your interested. the markers were clear plastic instead of yellow plastic and the headlight was clear instead of white. $30

·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I would go with white plastic dip, it's removable and opaque. And 2 housings or just one??

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
i have the whole driverside assembly. markers and the light. theres a passenger side for sale in the classifieds.

·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love he all white theme of your rig dsberman94! I'm plaing on buying a white 6.4L soon and doing everything white. Even inside the headlight housing.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
im getting white camo inside the 05 headlight bezels once i get some extra cash. also im getting the new style mirrors the same white camo. hydrographic dipped on all that. then some interior pieces are going this awesome wildfire camo from moonshine attire as well as a set of 08 xlt wheels i have are going wildfire. itll be different for sure. but thanks for the compliment. let me know if you want that headlight assembly.

·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds fricken sick. Sure thing anytime. And will do!

·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Angry eye mod >:)

Attachments

·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's that new ghost trailer. You gotta get yourself one.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
no ghost trailers on ford because honestly ford mirrors look retarded pulled out without a trailer. it looks like a chicken turned sideways. a big bubble stuck out sideways on two sticks. NO BUENO

·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I only pull them out for pictures. I hate old ford mirrors honestly. New ones are sweet but pricey.

·
D66stroke
418 Posts
I just did that to my OBS. I'd put up a pic but I don't know how. PSN needs an iphone app to make picture uploading easier lol

·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just go into the post reply (Not quick reply) Go down to Manage Media, it will open a new tab, click upload from computer and select the "From Photo Gallery) Click the photo and it will take a moment than hit upload, it will reload he page (This takes a minute) and once the picture is up click "close this page" at he bottom, you'll be back to your post a reply and down where you going the "Manage Media" button should be an IMG code, that is your picture, place 2 or more characters in the reply box and reply!

·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
More pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
im gonna go grab two cans of white plastidip tonight. next semi warm day i get ill do this but itll be on 07 style like i said before. hopefully it won't look too funky.

·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just do what I told you and also layer that #### on....I did 8 coats and 15minutes between each coat...and keep checking the coverage and turning on the lights to see if it comes through.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts