Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a chance to get my hands on a newer set of Amp research power steps. Wondering how everyone likes them and how they hold up. I don't bury my truck in mud, but she definitely isn't a street queen either, she gets dirty. Any problems with that stuff or do you just rinse them off and good to go?

Thanks in advance

2005 F350 CCLB FX4

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
the steps are aluminum, I just retro'd a set on my obs, so far so good, I really like them.
They are the better between amp and bestop's

·
Beef
1,565 Posts
Awesome no problems. Got mine from Lps. Pulled them off my 08 will instal on my 99. Won't own any other type of steps.

Excellent install instructions, some of the best I've seen laid out IMHO.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I doubt you will see any complaints, so bite the bullet.... :)

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
see if raul at stealth still has his group buy going.

I have amp, my buddy has bestop, and he said "yours operate alot faster than mine do", on his truck he can't jump out, you have to wait for the step to deploy, when I open my door, its deployed before I can get turned to get out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i know this is an old topic but i want to know how they would hold up near chicago! (THE RUST BELTTTTT) i have put 3 different types of steps on past pickup trucks and they always get ripped off or bent plowing. will they hold up well being caked in ice and snow? salt????? if they get super caked and freeze closed do they have a failsafe type deal so they dont grind gears trying to deploy?

·
Registered
83 Posts
they work awesome in the snow and salt.. they tuck up under the truck and the bottom of the step shields everything.. the led lights suck though.. ive burnt out 6 of them so far.. its a known problem and amp keeps sending me new ones.. its a pain but they keep supplying them

1 - 9 of 9 Posts