Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't mean to make light of a serious subject, but out of the blue I am seeing 'spots' like someone shined a bright light in my eyes, but noone did???. What causes this? TIA.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
i have no clue, but funny you bring this question to PSN first.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BP is normal. They are gone now, must've been some after effects of working out earlier?? I've done it before, but it was usually during a workout especially squating, kinda see stars/spots, but this happened about an hour to hour and a half after. Maybe I should schedule a DR visit this week.

I just figured I'd ask here first, cause I figured someone would know, not gonna lie I was a little nervous there for a minute though.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
i used to get that regularly when lifting, never thought anything of it though, every now n then i get really light headed, and i think its blood sugar, did ur body seem to get cold then when it went away it warmed up really fast like the blood shut off then just went hog wild?

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
you need to learn how to breathe a bit better when you work out...your exhale should normally be twice as long as your inhale...pretty much lack of oxygen to the brain is where im getting at.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
you need to learn how to breathe a bit better when you work out...your exhale should normally be twice as long as your inhale...pretty much lack of oxygen to the brain is where im getting at.
i believe this is correct, if you control your breathing your lifts will be much more consistent and the steady supply of oxygen to the cells will gain you more

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
what can i say...google makes you smartLOL

GF also does yoga and has vertigo so i said the iron stuff cuz of her. i take a break from drinking once a year to get back into shape also! hahaLOL

·
Gandy Dancer
5,972 Posts
Go to the doctor..................NOW!!

If I had went to one when I was having a 'funny feeling' of anxiety, maybe they would have found my supraventricular tachycardia (widow maker) before I blacked out and totalled my car into a magnolia tree coming out of my neighborhood. :(

Now I'm the proud owner of an ICD (Implanted Cardio Defribillator).

·
We put the FU! in FUN
1,625 Posts
That used to happen alot to me while working out and training. Combination of being dehydrated/ heat. iirc

·
Registered
609 Posts
I was told yesterday by my biology proffesor that inhaling ammonia before you lift will make your lifts stronger. He then recommended against it since it's poisonous. If that's what your doing you may want to stop LOL

·
Junior Mint
2,461 Posts
I was at the dirt bike track about 2 years ago and I friendly big 42 year old fellow was parked next to me. He complained that he was feeling a little funny, like not quite himself. Maybe it was a little bug or something he said.

A half hour later he was in front of me on the track and just pulled off, gently fell over, and died right there. We tried CPR but he was gone as are most Heart Attack victims.

Man if I could go back in time I would have forced some aspirin down his throat and driven him to the hospital. I'll never make that mistake again.

So if you are not sure, just freaking go to the hospital please!

The JP couldn't make it out for quite some time as it was a Sunday and we were told not to move him. So we put a jersey over his head and went back to riding right by him lap after lap. What can you do?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts