Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
local idiot
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my truck in 2012. It was an unmolested 6.0 that had ZERO aftermarket parts on it. I, in turn, tuned it slightly with custom tunes right from the start.

4 years later the truck is studded, o-ringed, EGR deleted, straight piped, 68mm pmax, all HPOP updates, new oil cooler, blah, blah, blah. I got some new tunes from IDP and had a little issue out of them, I posted a thread on it and we got it resolved. Today I drove the truck and opened the throttle up from a 30 mph roll. I took it to around 90 mph and let out of it. The truck was smooth, loud, and hauled ass. Then I noticed it skipping. Definitely missing on one cylinder. no CEL came up but I scanned my codes with my Edge Insight and it reported cylinder 4 contribution.

I checked the plug for injector 4 and it seemed fine, harness feels and looks good. Before the failure, I had NO ISSUES or SIGNS of an injector failing. Hell, my mechanic that studded the truck told me I had one of the cleanest 6 liters he had seen. He did a full test on my truck and said my injectors were fine.

My question is: do 6.0 injectors just F****** quit without any signs??????

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes they do. They are a combination of electronic and mechanical parts both of which are known randomly Fail.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts