Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know Im new to this, but all I want is a custom exhaust, 4" down pipe 5" tubing all the way back and spilt in to duals with 6" tips. No cats, no mufflers, all straight pipe/tubing. Ill even settle for 4" turbo all the way back to dual 6" tips... no cats or mufflers... why cant a my exhaust shops do this??

·
Back in Black
1,379 Posts
They can. good luck though. No exhaust shops around here bend 4" or larger pipes

·
HRT Performance
4,565 Posts
It depends on if the exhaust shop can bend the tubing - or build it out of pre made bends.

-or- You could buy an MBRP "cool duals" kit and save the headache. That is if you don't have a gooseneck hitch installed.

·
Twitch
1,383 Posts
The exhaust shop can't install any exhaust system unless it has a cat..and if a car/truck is found without a cat and it gets traced back to the shop that did the work, they recieve a 10 k fine. There's only two shops in three counties around me that will do straight pipe..but it's just cash deal..no reciept.

·
CLARKY
319 Posts
The exhaust shop can't install any exhaust system unless it has a cat..and if a car/truck is found without a cat and it gets traced back to the shop that did the work, they recieve a 10 k fine. There's only two shops in three counties around me that will do straight pipe..but it's just cash deal..no reciept.
???My 01 and my dads 01 both came from FORD w no cat.

·
Smokin' Ole
86 Posts
???My 01 and my dads 01 both came from FORD w no cat.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the EPA hadn't gotten on diesel emissions' case till 2002-03? My 03 came with a CAT but Banks fixed that right up for me ;)

·
dinnerbooter treasurer
3,567 Posts
If you can find a diesel shop in your area they can probably install an exhaust system for you. Otherwise just order an exhaust system from one of our sponsors and install it yourself or pay a mechanic friend of yours to install it.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
what would dual 3.5" from the back of the cab out sound like? besides really loud?

·
CLARKY
319 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the EPA hadn't gotten on diesel emissions' case till 2002-03? My 03 came with a CAT but Banks fixed that right up for me ;)
I dont recall dates,but I have buddies with older 7.3s with cats.Just my .02.Cause people think i lie everytime i tell em that we have two 01s with no cats.Then i show em, and they cant believe it.Anyone else have a 01ish w no cats?..Not that i think its rare but i havent seen another

·
Registered
176 Posts
bully dog has dual exhust kits u can buy then just replace the muffler with a straight peice. but i would run a high flow muffler. it will help with spool of the turbo.

·
F250 Black Cloud Edition
690 Posts
My 02, which was originally bought in Texas, had NO factory cat.

·
Big Sky Groomer Op.
827 Posts
I dont recall dates,but I have buddies with older 7.3s with cats.Just my .02.Cause people think i lie everytime i tell em that we have two 01s with no cats.Then i show em, and they cant believe it.Anyone else have a 01ish w no cats?..Not that i think its rare but i havent seen another
my 01 didn't come with a cat ether.

·
7.3 Enthusiast
682 Posts
My '02 didn't have a cat and it is originally a MA truck. As far as I'm aware '02 was the last year.

·
Registered
226 Posts
what would dual 3.5" from the back of the cab out sound like? besides really loud?
i custom built my own set of duals using factory pipes from a sd, i left the pass side as it was other than addin a tip, then cut the other pipe up and used the elbows to make the driver side pipe, and used a tip off of a 6.4 as a Y, it sounded great and is now on a 08 6.4

1 - 20 of 47 Posts