Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
C10H20
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Putting my 86 Mustang Gt back together and the rear spring would not seat on the perch. So I gave it a little push and as I did my hand slipped off the spring and right into the upper torque box which has about a 1/4" of sheet metal sticking out all the way around and my left index finger slammed right into the metal and going between the nail and skin. After a mind numbing reality check and a pain I've never felt before I realized my finger was stuck into the torque box. After taking a deep breath I just yanked back and it was all over, I was bleeding like a stuck pig. So the moral of the story always wear the proper gear, I took my dang gloves off probably 5 minutes prior to eat and didn't bother putting them back on. I've cleaned my up finger and trimmed the nail back but it still throbs like no other.

·
MADE IN THE USA
324 Posts
Yummmy

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
I feel your pain, you dont realize how bad your fingers can hurt to you really fuk em up. I did something similar, except it was my middle and ring finger tips in the track of a roll up door... :doh:

Since you already warned everyone it was graphic, here are my pics after I cleaned it up but before they "fixed" it lol

And after they shoved the nail beds back under the skin and put stitches through the nails

·
C10H20
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man redsmokey you win!! I bet the pain was epic.

·
Caught a big one!
666 Posts
This makes me remember the time I destroyed my thumb with a hammer, I was gonna get that damn 4" spike nail in one way or another.

Best I can say is clean that sumb*tch out and put a metal finger splint on it, the pressure from the splint will make it hurt less, and if while you're doing something you bump your finger it won't hurt near as bad.

·
Caught a big one!
666 Posts
I feel your pain, you dont realize how bad your fingers can hurt to you really fuk em up. I did something similar, except it was my middle and ring finger tips in the track of a roll up door... :doh:

Since you already warned everyone it was graphic, here are my pics after I cleaned it up but before they "fixed" it lol

And after they shoved the nail beds back under the skin and put stitches through the nails

What are the white pieces?.........

·
C10H20
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ever notice when you hurt your hand and someone see's that, they just have to mess with you? Yesterday I walk into work and our superintendent ask's what happen? I give him the whole story etc... then he gives me a grin like no other then flicks my finger, ugh I about died and he's laughing and say's ok man i'm out!

·
Sarcastic Bastard
422 Posts
it looks like where the fingernail separated from the nailbed. Think of you girls fingernails and flip them around so the exposed part is on the upperpart of your fingernail. Bet that stung for a few days!!!

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
What are the white pieces?.........
it looks like where the fingernail separated from the nailbed. Think of you girls fingernails and flip them around so the exposed part is on the upperpart of your fingernail. Bet that stung for a few days!!!
:whs: It is the nail that goes under your skin. They said they had to shove them back in or I wouldnt grow nails back, and even then there was a chance they would fall out with the rest of the nail. And yea, while it ripped the nails out, took a chunk of my middle finger, it also broke both finger tips. Wasnt fun

·
C10H20
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DAM IT, I think I just peed a little. Don't have pics but have done stuff about 1/2 way between a few times. Nothing like finger pain in my book.
10-4 on that, i'll take a broken bone over a finger injury any day.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Redsmokeys pics made me sick, I just ate lunch and I can't imagine how bad that hurt.

·
BrokeAss
841 Posts
I would rather snap a bone in 4 places than ever hurt my hands bad.. Again.
Got second degree burns on most of my hand and fingers a few months ago.
None of these picture capture the extent of it, Lets just say it was bad. Hurt like nothing I've ever experienced.
The first picture is about 2 weeks after the initial burn and it had gone down a significant bit.

This one is my favorite

·
Registered
918 Posts
Ever notice when you hurt your hand and someone see's that, they just have to mess with you? Yesterday I walk into work and our superintendent ask's what happen? I give him the whole story etc... then he gives me a grin like no other then flicks my finger, ugh I about died and he's laughing and say's ok man i'm out!
Man I hope you make a chit tone of money where you work because I make good money but if my superintended did that to me I wold through him a beating like he never had before and then fuk up a couple of his finder nails

·
C10H20
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Man I hope you make a chit tone of money where you work because I make good money but if my superintended did that to me I wold through him a beating like he never had before and then fuk up a couple of his finder nails
Yeah I make out ok on pay. In the past I've had issues with fighting and have never benefited from it, even when i'm in the right. But trust me I was thinking it, however like they say Karma is a beech.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts