Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up some weld drag lites for the stang, the rears look like brand new, but the fronts need some love.

I tried cleaning up on them with what I already had at the house.

^^^the #### took all the road grime and brake dust off the front and back like it was nothing. the back side of the front wheels were solid black.

I picked up one of these at walmart hoping I could polish the fronts better then doing it by hand. It seemed to work ok, I MAY get a mothers ball as well just to see if one is better then the other.

As far as polish when I picked up the bullit I picked up some mohers.

I had some "hand Polish" I tried it also:

Everything I used made them shine, no doubt. The promlem is there still is little imperfections on the fronts of the front wheels. Im thinking I need more of a cutting compound, what go you guys suggest? What do you use?

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts
Mothers or Mcguires rubbing compound with the Mothers Ball.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
i use a old style buffing wheel on a cordless drill, the mothers mag and chrome polish has always worked for me

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Olde gear jammer
2,256 Posts
I always used Mothers on the big trucks, with that ball thingy, and my cordless drill.
The shop replaced one of my drives with the nastiest looking wheel they could find, and Mothers cleaned it up pretty good.
Another guy I know mixed his own with diesel fuel and one of those polishing bars, I think it was the white one.
In my book, the Mothers was better, and I hit them once or twice a year. I used the Mothers on my running boards and tanks as well.;)

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are 2 more pics, they show the spots im talking about a little better:

·
No 6.0
625 Posts
Before

After

Process was...

Wash
Claybar with Meguiar's Medium Claybar
Polish using Meguiar's NXT Metal Polish. I ran out mid way and switched to Mother's Metal Polish. I did NOT use the liquid polishes in the bottles. I had better luck with the paste polishes (come in the little tubs, I had both and tried both). I would scoop it onto the wheel with my hand and polished using a Mother's Powerball, the small one. After those pics were taken, I put a few coats of Meguiar's NXT wax on it. That was exactly a year ago, and the wheels still look great today.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
you guys need to look up metal wax. one of my friends invented it not to long ago and the stuff is amazing. ill be bringing it to all the nhrda races this season for people to try. i have never seen anything work as well as this. i honestly had no idea he made it until i ran into him in the grocery store last week. here is his website. http://www.metalwax.com/

·
Olde gear jammer
2,256 Posts
The product sounds good. On a SD SC with 8' cap, how much would be needed in that 4 pack, 8 or 16oz? What bottle do you start with, and what do you finish with?;)

·
No 6.0
625 Posts
I'm sure there is better but this is the stuff I use and it works good.

That's the stuff I used when I ran out of Meguiar's NXT Metal Polish. Works great.

you guys need to look up metal wax. one of my friends invented it not to long ago and the stuff is amazing. ill be bringing it to all the nhrda races this season for people to try. i have never seen anything work as well as this. i honestly had no idea he made it until i ran into him in the grocery store last week. here is his website. http://www.metalwax.com/
I've seen the Metal Wax before. Guy over on RiverDavesPlace invented it. Seems to work great. I've just never gotten around to ordering it. :pointlaugh:

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
The product sounds good. On a SD SC with 8' cap, how much would be needed in that 4 pack, 8 or 16oz? What bottle do you start with, and what do you finish with?;)
i have honestly never actually used it myself. a friend of mine brought it over and showed me on an intake manifold lol. then come to find out my other friend invented it lol small world. he is going to show me how to use everything when i come over there and get some for people to try. he cleans the jelly belly factory with it.

That's the stuff I used when I ran out of Meguiar's NXT Metal Polish. Works great.

I've seen the Metal Wax before. Guy over on RiverDavesPlace invented it. Seems to work great. I've just never gotten around to ordering it. :pointlaugh:
is his name sangermike lol

·
Registered
233 Posts
I found some stuff and a truck stop called Bushes Alumunum polish its a liquid but it WORKS!!!!!! Hands down the best shine i ever seen i even polished my A/C lines with it. Its amazing but it not a rubbing compound and for shine only

·
No 6.0
625 Posts
is his name sangermike lol
Yup... There was a huuuuge thread over there on it. I PM'd him a few times on ordering, but never got around to it. I need to order some now, but it's so farking cold out, I wouldn't use it til spring.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Yup... There was a huuuuge thread over there on it. I PM'd him a few times on ordering, but never got around to it. I need to order some now, but it's so farking cold out, I wouldn't use it til spring.
haha ya its cold here too lol. it was 28 degrees yesterday LOL

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 37 Posts