Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
OBS all day long
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some good aluminum polish to polish my wheels and my bedrails. and another thing is whats a good product for removing brake dust off your aluminum wheels?...is there a sealent that works good for sealing out the elements and keeping your shine?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Depending on how bad they are,
First pick up a good cleaner, If really bad i'd just give them a acid bath if your planning on polishing anyways.
Second i like never-dull polishing pads, kinda aggresive
Third then i've always loved mothers polish to finish it up

When i polished motor cycle frames, swingarms, wheels etc I actually water sanded starting at usually 600 grit up to 2000

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
wet sand with a very high paper somewhere in the 2000 range. then polish them, I prefer mothers my self they will look great.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I used to like Mothers, but found White Diamond. There is no comparison, White Diamond is way better. It is a little expensive, but it is amazing. White Diamond Metal Polish and Sealant Check out their videos, it really speaks for itself. It is also supposed to be a sealant too, I don't drive my truck in the winter, so I can't really say how well it works, but it is supposed to seal it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
The product I use to polish airplanes is called Nuvite. It is a little pricey but hands down the best product to clean and polish aluminium

·
powerstroker6.0
419 Posts
Go to autozome get aluminum britghtner by purple power should be in a gallon jug stuff works wonders

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
aluminum acid and a brush to clean it, then Wicked Products lightning shine in heavy coats to polish it up. After you get it shining, put a good coat of wax over it to seal it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Check out caswellplating.com, that's where i get all my materials for polishing from... they even have a kit for polishing a turd...LMAO...

·
Registered
280 Posts
The best polish that I have found so far is called Metal Wax. It has a cleaner then a the polish then a finisher. It is all a quick on off process. Check out there site they have videos on how to use it
Here are some hub caps off a 69 F-100 that my grandpa wanted polished. They all looked like the bad one, took me about 7min to clean the one on the right up I just did this on Friday

·
Registered
62 Posts
i second the flitz vote. grab a cheap harborfreight drill and put a mothers powerball in it thats what i use to polish all the big trucks at work

·
Registered
44 Posts
if you're brave enough. cutting alluminum with a buffer and bars will work wonders and if you do it right, they will be easier to maintain. i use a brown bar to start, then green and finish off with a blue bar. i then polish with white diamond and finish off with mothers billet polish. im currently polishing a set of weld 16.5x14 weld mountain crushers. i have about 10 hours in 2 wheels.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I buy the Green Bar at truck stops. Use a Bondo (cheese) grater and chisel you off a good portion of bar. Use an old pop or water bottle and mix it with Lighter fluid. (stuff to light charcoal briquettes) Mix it about 3 to 1. (3 parts fluid, 1 part Green Bar) Shake the heck out of it. When you think it's disolved enough..........shake the heck out of it some more.
Best to mix it, shake it and let it sit over night to disolve the bar. Then check how thick it is. You can always add more fluid. The beauty of this method is.....mix up the consistancy you like. Like it runny ??? (I do) Make it runny. Like it thick ?? Mix her thick.
White Diamond is the same as I make, just less expensive. You can make your own White Diamond. Just use a White Bar.
Bring some "Elbow Grease"........

1 - 13 of 13 Posts