Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Busted Knuckles
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anybody could post some pics of some places other thant he A-Pillar, where they have some gauges mounted. Thanks.

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
I don't think I have a picture, but I have my HPOP gauge mounted in a SD steering column pod. It just required a little trimming.

Dave

·
Busted Knuckles
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are those just like 'universal' mounting pods? (That's awesome by they way):rockon:

·
96 Ford F-350 PSD
187 Posts
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Bad pics but here are mine.

·
SLOW LEARNER
739 Posts

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
yep universal's but i did the fitting work on the bottom.

·
Busted Knuckles
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey thanks for the pics guys. Where did you find the 4 ring mounting bracket?

·
96 Ford F-350 PSD
187 Posts
Where did you find the 4 ring mounting bracket?

I bought it from 4wheel parts. I think the part number is GBE 63004. I bought it offline and picked what store to pick it up from.

·
Registered
244 Posts
i put my scangauge next to the wait to start light, almost a perfect spot but the gauge was a big bigger than the opening... I machined a piece of aluminum so the gauge would have something to sit flat on. Ill try to get a picture.

·
Registered
477 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
I use a SD Over-the-mirror pod, and also have my "******* Special" 3-gauge bundle with a rubber band over them, tucked down between the windshield and the dash. Someday I will make/modify a pod for the ones on the dash.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I use a SD Over-the-mirror pod, and also have my "******* Special" 3-gauge bundle with a rubber band over them, tucked down between the windshield and the dash. Someday I will make/modify a pod for the ones on the dash.

Regards,
Michael Pliska
lets see pics of the '******* special'

·
Busted Knuckles
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What kind of modification went into the over-mirror pod to make it fit. I would love to put one in my truck!!:bow:

·
Registered
817 Posts
The one in the photo is unmodified. If you look closely, you can see a slight gap above the pod. On my previous 3-gauge pod I took the time to dremel the sides down to clear the profile of the metal trim strip, and eliminate the gap. I probably spent 30 minutes with the dremel to accomplish it, someday I'll do the same to this one, but the gap is pretty small so I keep forgetting about it!

Regards,
Michael Pliska

·
Busted Knuckles
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
And does it get in the way of the rearview? Not that its a big deal just wondering.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I have the mirror with the automatic dimming feature, and it was a tight squeeze to get the pod in above it. While I was trying to get the mirror re-aligned the dang button popped off the windshield, so I just glued it back on a little lower and all is well. The visors manage to fit past it as well.

I'll have to snap a photo of the "******* special". Early last year there was a member here who had a photo of it as his avatar, snapped in the staging lanes of the Bakersfield NADM race. You could see my ******* gauge mount and the Disneyland parking pass, it was pretty funny.

·
Busted Knuckles
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey thanks for the info! I would love to see a pic of the '******* special'!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts