Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Pennsylvania Coal Roller
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey folks, I would like some help, im sure there are ford techs and people on this site that work with theses trucks every single day and know them in and out. This question has nothing to do with the motor, Its the front drive system.I had recently took my truck to for to get some things fixed on it such as a drag link and hub work bearings ect. and when i asked for the estimate the service manager told be it would be between $700-$800, witch I thought was fair for the amount of work being done, well when I finally got the bill I was about to cross the desk and strangle him. the previous estimate givin was half what the bill was of aprox. $1300 final bill. THIS IS OUTRAGOUS!!:mad: does this seem wrong or sktechy in any way? And is there a law or something of that nature only giving the shop a ceartian amount they are alloted to go over before either notifying the owner?
Your help would help me a great deal, cuz my next step is calling corporate ford and raising all sorts of hell

·
Banned
814 Posts
from my understanding is that the place doing the work must notify the owner if the charges are gonna be over the estimate.... im not 100% sure but i belive that is what has to be done.... somone can jump in and correct me if im wrong...

·
Diesel Huffer
908 Posts
:whs: and also ask the dealer to tell you why the estimate and actuall price are so far in difference

·
Registered
8 Posts
I could be wrong but I used to work at freightliner and I think you could go up to 10 percent above the estimate, but either way they far acceded that.

·
We put the FU! in FUN
1,625 Posts
They have to let you know if the bill will exceed the est. that they gave you. For them to just do the work and not tell you sounds illegal to me. But then again its just another Stealership...

·
Registered
450 Posts
im not a dealer but i own a repair shop, if i give someone an estimate and the actual repairs exceed the estimate by ANY amount i call to get the ok from the customer. thats just good bussiness imop.

·
Registered
450 Posts
as far as legalitys they vary state to state. need to contact your motor vehicle department. did u sign any paper work befor repairs?

·
Registered
842 Posts
what work was being done exactly and what not? I am a tech at ford dealer and I am just wondering what they were charging you for as for them charging almost double thats crazy and dumb they did something wrong. and is not right.... did you sign the repair order before repairs were done?

·
40 lug nuts
3,433 Posts
Legally, they have to provide you with an updated estimate if the cost of the repairs will exceed the orignal estimate by a certain amount. This amount varies from state to state (some use a percent of the original estimate and some use a dollar amount).

What they did is illegal. Period.

·
Pennsylvania Coal Roller
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well im out of town and i had my Mom pick up my truck and no i didnt sign anything cuz like i said i dropped it off the night before and I was having them work on it while im gone. When I had asked how much it was gonna be I gave him the go ahead to repair it cuz I figured for the amound of work being done It was a fair price he said that the total should be between 700-800 and I said go for it. Ill have to wait till I see the bill to let you guys know what all was done, so far thank you all for your help each little bit really helps alot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts