Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Aint Got Non
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, just seein how many of you are out there. I am living in Cordova... east PWS.

P.S> Northern Diesel Performance in ANC has the hook up.... NO SHIPPING COST! Down to earth fella, names Jim. Just about can get whatever you want.

thanks all

·
Aint Got Non
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, my first diesel, as of two weeks now, and I've been in Ak for a little over a year now. Lookin forward to some meet and greets if there are any :/

·
Registered
210 Posts
I used to live in Anchorage a few years ago. Jim is a personal friend of mine, I hung almost all the drywall in his shop along with his late great father, Big Jim. I talk to him frequently and he is still the only person I buy from even though I now live in Texas. I have been tryin to move back to Alaska for 3 years now.

·
Aint Got Non
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, he's got a big heart for people and the diesel community. Flat out told me he wouldnt sell me certain things becuase he wanted to sleep soundly at night. Thats good business.

·
Rollin Coal in my FoMoCo
41 Posts
I'm working in Fairbanks, moved up here in June after Tech. I think a meet and greet would be a good thing to get started if there is not already one. 907DAVE where you at?

·
NHRDA Diesel TV Host
3,037 Posts
Welcome from the Golden State! You should try to get this guy to sign up as a site vendor! We're pretty loyal to the guys and gals who try to support this website!

·
Registered
210 Posts
His SN is The ALASKAN, hasn't been on here for a while. I believe he was a sponsor at one time.

·
Lots to learn
374 Posts
PSN newbie here!

My pile of parts is getting tall....will take some time off at the end of the year, and tear into the truck.

Has anyone used Super Shops dyno before?

I'm supposed to run my truck next week to get a baseline on it in it's stock form....make me feel better about my pile 'o money after it's all said and done:evil

·
PSN Pretender
1,926 Posts
PSN newbie here!

My pile of parts is getting tall....will take some time off at the end of the year, and tear into the truck.

Has anyone used Super Shops dyno before?

I'm supposed to run my truck next week to get a baseline on it in it's stock form....make me feel better about my pile 'o money after it's all said and done:evil
I have heard a few rumors of that dyno being waaay off. Apparently a guy went down and had his stock Mustang dyno'd and it was over 100 HP off.

I still wouldn't mind heading down and checking it out.

·
Registered
210 Posts
That place must have opened or changed names after I left the state. I think there was a taekwondo (sp?) studio on the second floor.....

·
Lots to learn
374 Posts
I have heard a few rumors of that dyno being waaay off. Apparently a guy went down and had his stock Mustang dyno'd and it was over 100 HP off.
Did your mustang guy say which way was it off....high or low?

I'm not really after a number...but I am interested in seeing what "x" improvement there is from stock to built. Hope it doesn't get "fixed" from when I roll on it stock to built:shrug:

This is one of two dyno's I found so far...this is the only one that will run a F250....does anyone else no of another?

Sorry for the thread drift....Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I've never been to alaska, but I have wanted to visit there for a long time now. I have even contemplated relocating there. I love snow and don't care much for the crazy hot summers.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I'm not up there yet but will be soon. Around 907's parts.

Glad to hear from more people that love the state!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Warmed up to 10 above. Finally replaced my bad belt tensioner and swapped to a 203 thermostat in the driveway today.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts