Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can at least start to pull the engine out of the truck on Sunday or Monday.

Elite had the pistons delivered on Friday, and the wife and I ran down and picked them up, along with the other parts that were already waiting for me.

Hopefully by Monday afternoon, or Tuesday, I can take the block down to the machine shop to have it bored out, and honed to the pistons. Then the shop will send the rotating assembly out to be re-balanced, and sent back.

By then, the rest of the internal, and external "Additions" should be here, and by the end of May, I should have a Trusted Performance twin turbo'd 6.0L:redspotdance:

·
Crazy wid da cheeze wiz
2,411 Posts
I bet you are excited! Keep us posted and get some pictures of the install.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I pretty much document everything with photo's.

I'm getting real excited, hopefully we hit the numbers that we think it should...and it can still be driven everyday, and still pull a 8500 pound trailer.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The truck ran a 12.93 @ 103.5mph with 225's, and a 66mm. (Fuel only. The calculators put that as about 640 hp at the flywheel, 585 hp at the wheels.)

Should see 700ish. It may make more, but if I say 1000, and it's only 750, then some look at that as a failure.

·
Crazy wid da cheeze wiz
2,411 Posts
Damn thats awesome! Theres nothing wrong with having high hopes though. I would love for my ole' 7.3 to be around 550. But it will be awhile before that happens. Good luck with the truck man!

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
SICK :evil Whos balancing the rotating assembly? I just scored a 6.0 complete with a bad head for free...I might be buidin one up as well!! I cant wait to see what kind of power that beast is gonna make:ford:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are you adding more fuel? What about the heads, you gonna open them up a little?
Yes....alot more fuel. Heads...I'm gonna see how these look...just gonna put the new springs on, and prolly just "touch" the seats, as they were multi-angled last time. (Along with all hardened seats installed in the exhaust seats.)

SICK :evil Whos balancing the rotating assembly? I just scored a 6.0 complete with a bad head for free...I might be buidin one up as well!! I cant wait to see what kind of power that beast is gonna make:ford:
Same shop that did it the last time. They are in Lethbridge. (Can't think of their name right now though.)

whats the plans for the old sticks and turbo?
The old injectors are already sold. The Trusted Performance 64mm is gonna be part of the new twins.

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
The truck ran a 12.93 @ 103.5mph with 225's, and a 66mm. (Fuel only. The calculators put that as about 640 hp at the flywheel, 585 hp at the wheels.)

Should see 700ish. It may make more, but if I say 1000, and it's only 750, then some look at that as a failure.
Who would say that? I thought we called it practice. But when you do the same thing over and over expecting different results, thats called insanity. Not be confused with someones tuning. Well maybe pun intended.

I heard it's possible to do 614 with a single 64. So with a second turbo you should be able to beat your goal. Don't low ball. You will be coming down to Eric to get it live tuned. So the exchange rate will benefit you. That's why Shawn dyno's in the US.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here are some pictures of some of the new stuff going in...

Entire top section of a newer '04 engine's HPO system, including the front cover with new bigger water pump, Elite's lowered compression MAHLE piston's, with valve reliefs, and coatings, Elite's "Competition" gapless ring set, Elite's H-11 studs, and billet LPOP gear set.

Attachments

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
Here are some pictures of some of the new stuff going in...

Entire top section of a newer '04 engine's HPO system, including the front cover with new bigger water pump, Elite's lowered compression MAHLE piston's, with valve reliefs, and coatings, Elite's "Competition" gapless ring set, Elite's H-11 studs, and billet LPOP gear set.
Ok so we know you aren't going forged. It says second on the package, but are you running the gapless on the top ring? Or are you trying to build pressure between the first and second ring so you can unseat the top ring?

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok so we know you aren't going forged. It says second on the package, but are you running the gapless on the top ring? Or are you trying to build pressure between the first and second ring so you can unseat the top ring?
...It's a picture...I never opened the bag, but all the rings are in THAT bag....

...I guess if the bag said "Zip Loc" on it, that would have been better.

Doug...I never made the rings, I never packaged the rings, and if you really wanna know more about the integrity of the pistons, and or rings, please call Elite, I'm sure they will be more than willing to answer your questions.

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
...It's a picture...I never opened the bag, but all the rings are in THAT bag....

...I guess if the bag said "Zip Loc" on it, that would have been better.

Doug...I never made the rings, I never packaged the rings, and if you really wanna know more about the integrity of the pistons, and or rings, please call Elite, I'm sure they will be more than willing to answer your questions.
I don't need to. It has an insert in the top of the piston for the ring gap. That's not a forged piston. That's how Mahle rolls. I guess it was nice of them not to seperate everything out for you, or not.

Can you not answer the question? Like say they were low tension rings. They need a nice round bores. Will you be torque plate honing this block?

Or are you going to tell me to call the machine shop?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.