Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Fellas,
Finally got round to installing an IC and it’s the all aluminum series from a SD 7.3. Have the OEM ford blue accordion boot on hot side and Black ford accordion boot on passenger side of the IC. What band clamps are you guys using to secure these on the cooler end. All my other connections are with constant tension T bolt spring type band clamps. At the cooler end due to reduced room have just used standard T bolt band clamps just looking for more clamping power in confined area.
Thanks,
j

·
Project Shamu
2,796 Posts
Its tight on mine too, but I managed to get constant tension clamps on both ends of the intercooler. Got my clamps from dieselsite.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Over the years on my other retro cooler trucks seemed the hot side connection at the cooler or elbow just before Y pipe would blow off. Was thinking I might make up some connectors to prevent blow offs, just really tight in IC area. The Jelibuilt tunes and 205/30s make for some higher pressures too and I’ve not even gone WOT for any length of time and that was prior to the IC install. Pretty sure I could get 40lbs boost easily....

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya I’ll pick up nuther set of constant pressure T clamps and make them fit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts