Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed 2 inch spacers between the front axle and coil springs, the Ford dealer just called and said they cant aline it without a longer track bar:poke:

They say because the axle shifted to the side a little they cant do it. Does this sound right??

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know it sounds odd. I checked out fabtechs 2 inch kit and it is just blocks and shocks. They must not figure one is needed. I wonder if the dealer is just being difficult

·
Registered
232 Posts
well it depends what they told you couldnt be aligned, because the toe, steer ahead, caster and camber arent affected by the leveling kit. the only thing that it will throw off is the center line because the front axle is off center, the steering wheel might me slightly off center to but that can also be adjusted.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they say they cant do it because the axle is shifted to the side. I am going to try a different shop

·
Registered
232 Posts
theyre full of it, i work at a dealer and im sorry to say service departments are an entire pain in the ass, i am an employee here and very knowledgable with cars/trucks and i can not believe how they treat me. my 99 has a leveling kit in it and they just aligned it for me the other day.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I installed 2 inch spacers between the front axle and coil springs, the Ford dealer just called and said they cant aline it without a longer track bar:poke:

They say because the axle shifted to the side a little they cant do it. Does this sound right??
Its :bsflag: I have a 2 1/2" spacer and did not need an alignment did you drive it if it goes straght and the wheel isnt crooked dont worry about it.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am going to install the skyjacker 2 inch drop trackbar bracket. That way the axle will be straight. Figured it would give me a little more piece of mind knowing that the new tires will probably last longer. I think the reason the axle shifted that much was that my truck has the heavy service snowplow front springs so the front end was already pretty high. Now 2 inches higher yet and the front is level with the back and it a f 350 so the back sits high.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I am going to install the skyjacker 2 inch drop trackbar bracket. That way the axle will be straight. Figured it would give me a little more piece of mind knowing that the new tires will probably last longer. I think the reason the axle shifted that much was that my truck has the heavy service snowplow front springs so the front end was already pretty high. Now 2 inches higher yet and the front is level with the back and it a f 350 so the back sits high.
I dont think you should need it you may want to take it to a shop that does alot of lifted trucks. If your steering wheel is straight I doubt the axle has moved much. Also the drop bracket without droping the steering may throw off the geomitry and give you a bad case of bump steer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts