Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Installed BDS 2" leveling kit this weekend with Bilstein shocks.. It is the type that has the blocks that bolt to the axle under the lower coil perch. Also came with 2.3* caster shims for the upper ball joint.

Now that it's all installed the truck sits about the same as my F250 did with the 2.5" Icon kit but the handling just doesn't seem right. The Icon had the same caster shims as this kit, even made by the same company I think SPC.

Basically the truck seems like it wants to wander, and steering doesn't want to return to center. To be honest, I think my F250 with the 35'x12.5 Toyos on it handled better than this F350 does still running the stock 275/65r20 Goodyears.

These are the cams... I have them installed with the arrows facing towards front of truck as the instructions said:

Anybody got any ideas?

·
Diesel fanatic
591 Posts
Maybe an adjustable trac bar & alignment could help. Mine needed the steering wheel centered & toe in toe out adjusted & that was it.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Toe cannot change, adjustable track bar is required...

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
Personally i have never really liked the ball joint cams, when i have done leveling kits ect i just leave it alone, and i ahve never had any issues untill i got into a wreck and the body shop installed them after repairing the front end. Toe in shouldnt have changed and you shouldnt need a track bar, it will just push the axle out to the one side of the truck a little (most will never notice) and it wont really hurt anything.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I PM Dave from Trucktoyz where I bought the lift and asked him about this. He replied that the large portion of the cam should be towards the front of the truck. However, the instructions say to point the arrow towards the front of the truck. If you notice in the pic the arrow is on the small end.

Here's a pic of the cam installed... front of the truck is to the right

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One thing... The ICON in the F250 raised the front 2.5" and the rear 2" from stock. This F350 already has 4" blocks in back so I put the 2" BDS blocks up front and it appears the front is now a little higher than the back. With the ICON in the other truck the front still was a little lower than the rear. With the front higher now, this would result in less caster using the same degree cams right? The F350 has the snow plow prep package as well so the front springs are stiffer.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Toe is adjusted by tie rod ends, track bar keeps axle centered under truck.

Yes, but a lift will not affect toe in..thats the question he asked..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts