Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have their brush guards?

I am interested in the Stealth Bumper with Titan II Guard

Do you know what the clearance is between where the bottom of the grille is to the first horizontal bar?

What is the width from between the vertical bars?

What is the height between the two horizontal bars?

thanks,
Andrew

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am trying to see if the Stealth Bumper with Titan II Guard can fit 4 Hella Rallye FF4000 HID lights then below those lights I want to have a pair of Rallye FF4000 HID fogs and a pair of Rallye FF4000 cornering lights.

Does anyone know if they will fit? (haulnhorses :poke: )

thanks,
Andrew

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DCS

I want to mount 5 on the middle bar and then 4 below that

1. what is the depth of of the flat area under your lights?

2. what is the height from the flat area on top of the winch to the first horizontal bar?

What size lights are you running? Would it be possible to fit a pair of lights with a 8.75" diameter on each side on the middle bar?

thanks,
Andrew

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Not my truck....that's Denny's truck (aka DrSpeed).

Those are Hella Rallye 4000 HIDs in the middle....PIAA 510s in the bumper itself.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
here is a little portrait of what I am trying to do. ( my paint skills are very bad) the red blurs = a light..lol

it is very rough but the lights would be evenly spaced out

Attachments

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
The bottom ones are going to have to be small.

Top ones on the sides may have to be a bit smaller than the 4000s.

You will be blocking a lot of air between the bumper and all those lights.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
maybe I could just do 3 4000s on the middle bar like he has and then do a pair of the cornering lights and the fogs light below.

the only thing that would concern me is that the cornering light's beam might hit the vertical bar.

do you know the measurement for width between the bars on each side?

I wonder how much it would affect all those lights will cause....

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
For width between the two upright bars....just measure your grille from a couple inches from the upright bars on the grille. Guesstimate.

Just put 3 up top and 4 in the bumper and call it good...not sure why you would need much more light than that.

Or just get a light bar:

8" lens on those lights...closer to 10" to the trim rings.

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
Glad to see your putting alot of effort into finding & building your 11 second race truck.....:poke:

Honestly though the lights are a great idea........................for an "off road truck" oh wait your F550 is 4x4 ain't it? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
it is going to take a helluva lot more money to make it an 11 sec truck with the weight of those bumpers. not a good way to get to 11 secs, LOL

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
this is for the F550 not the 11 sec truck ;)
I really have to ask why you need all of those "Off Road" lights on your pavement pounding F550? You can't use them on the street unless no one is around. At that point you could hit a cow with that bumper & still not do much damage. I just don't understand why you need all of those lights & then have to turn em all off when you see a car coming or have someone in front of you. Unless you plan on running the Baja 1000 I don't see any reason for all of those lights on that truck. :poke:

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I travel through a lot of mountainous and desert areas.

Its not about having a lot of light its about having full coverage of light.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Yes, but I still don't think you need that many lights (9?) to accomplish that.

A pair of long range, a pair or cornering or floods and your stock lights and you should be good. If you really want....toss in some fogs.

I can run 3 pairs of lights without a light bar or a heavy azz aftermarket bumper :D :

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i am not going to buy the lights all at once maybe i will skip the fogs and just do driving, LR and cornering

Are those regular 4000s you are running? having them behind the grille do you loose any brightness? is the beam pattern any different then it would be if mounted on a light bar?

thanks
Andrew

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
No, they are POS Hella 500s.

Some 5"-6" HIDs would fit 4 across......not sure if anything the size of a 4000 would fit back there or not.

I don't really notice much blockage since the bars are so small and have good spacing between them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts