Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone done business with them? They billed me 10 weeks ago today. Finally got them to answer phone last Monday, said it shipped and gave me a tracking #. Tracking # doesn't work on Yellow Freight website. :rolleyes:They said it was a good # and would contact their shipping person. I think they know my # cause they never answer. Had the wife call and they answered. Said they will call when they know something. No news, crap is getting old.

Greg

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
someone else ordered one of these awhile ago. i thought they were bs then i heard a story... from what i understand they may be short on help (???) i was under the impression it's the original guy from road armor, and now road armor is having issues... who knows. keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Anyone done business with them? They billed me 10 weeks ago today. Finally got them to answer phone last Monday, said it shipped and gave me a tracking #. Tracking # doesn't work on Yellow Freight website. :rolleyes:They said it was a good # and would contact their shipping person. I think they know my # cause they never answer. Had the wife call and they answered. Said they will call when they know something. No news, crap is getting old.Greg
Sorry, I did not see this sooner. I have an Alien Patrol bumper and it looks great. Jim Terry was one of the original entrepreneurs with Road Armor and did much of their CAD work. He and partners sold their business and the new owners of Road Armor stopped making payments. He started up Alien Patrol to resume manufacturing but Road Armor sued him. He won. So now he is free to use his old designs and develop new ones under the Alien Patrol banner. He and his wife, Sandy, were looking for a new place to put down roots and recently bought land in CO. Meanwhile Jim has been trying to get product out finding new suppliers of steel parts etc. He is doing the welding himself. The price is reasonable. He ships only a raw unfinished bumper. The shippers were the big problem with Road Armor. Powdercoat was always getting scratched. I wanted a custom bumper '05-06 for my truck because the panels for mounting lights were a bit bigger. I am putting in a white grille and using Hella FF1000 driving lights and MicroDE foglights in 6" and 4" frenched openings. I sent him the lights so he could fab custom mounting brackets. While we were working out the details of the design, he would send me new CAD drawings and linked me to a site that let me install a free program for a month. We got the design finalized and a few weeks later the bumper arrived. The shippers nearly tore it from the pallet despite multiple steel bands. There were a few dings in it from shipping. I am having a friend prep it for finishing and it will be shot with Line-X Xtra in black. It will look great. I just need more time to finish all these projects.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts