Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you just run a positive and negivite to the battery to run the pump.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Can you just run a positive and negivite to the battery to run the pump.
Sure it'll be on all the time though

Try running it off a relay and attach the trigger to something that comes on with the key...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well trucks on the side of the highway because the harness burnt up. So im gonna try and wire it up direct to see if it will run.

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
Which part of the harness burnt up?

Sent from my Smart Car

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I noticed the harness rubbing the front drive shaft...due to a broken zip tie. I cut and spliced all three of the wires and it still poped the fuse when i turned the key on. I did get the truck towed to house till pure flow could send me a harness. I even changed the relay. What is the relay used for anyway

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
The relay controls when the pump turns on.
When it receives a signal from (in my case) the factory pump wire, it then opens a path for the power to come directly from the battery using heavier gauge wire.

Sent from my Smart Car

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So it would work it if it was hooked up to the battery with a toggle switch. Pure flow has got my harness on backorder and its been two weeks now since i ordered it.

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
I've got an extra harness with me. I could ship it to you.

Sent from my Smart Car

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok i got the new harness finally lol. Put it on still no go. It pops the fuses every time i turn the key. So i ran a paper clip where the fuse is and it just smoked the wire so i turned the key off quick. So i tried wiring it straight to the battery....still no go. So put new pump on. Got tired and waited the next day to see if she ran. Still no go on the new pump motor. So to rule out a bed new pump i used the old one that i took off and plugged it in and flipped my toggle switch on and bam it ran. So i took apart the new motor to see if the brand new pump was screwed.....nope just frozen...lol so i let her sit in the house for an hour or so and plugged it in and bam it ran...so whats with these things....can they not handle -20 below or what....if i keep the pump looks like ill be insulating it because this was the provlem the whole time. Wow. This was with using diesel 911 here to people.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts