Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading posts and other threads. I am completely rebuilding my '03. Currently its at the diesel shop where head studs and egr delete will be put on next week..My question is why install an Airdog 2 rather than just the Airdog. Please give me your feed back as next week its all going on. Thanks.

·
Busted Knuckles
2,456 Posts
I think the appeal of the airdog2 system is that there isn't a return needed to the tank, it just recycles in internally. Plus I think pressures are higher than that of the original system.

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
The AD2 is internally regulated like already said and you can eliminate the stock pump all together, where as the original AD is just going to be a pusher pump to feed your stock pump.

I'd go AD2 myself.

·
Registered
338 Posts
You also do not need to mess with or pay for the OEM filters any more.
I love my Airdog II

·
Registered
775 Posts
i love my AD2 also ...nice and quite....and huge convenience to bypass stock pump without having to do raptor or anything

·
Registered
842 Posts
i have the ad2 and it's well worth the money

·
Registered
246 Posts
What's everyone doing with their secondary filter? I just about have the funds for the AD2 and and a fuel pressure gauge but that's all I can do for now.

·
Registered
842 Posts
i kept mine in there theres nothin wrong with 3 filters

·
Registered
246 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
what about the accessory indicator light are any of your guys running your AD2 with this i have looked at em but dont know if its really needed or not and i have the AD2 at my house itching to be installed but want to know what you guys think about the indicator light

·
<sideways skyscraper
471 Posts
Do you have to leave the secondary filter in the fuel bowl or can you leave it out? Also what about the factory fuel pressure regulator, can that be removed as well?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts