Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if I run the airdog 2, do I have to leave the filter in the fuel bowl or can I run it without it? If anyone could let me know I would appreciate it.

·
Stroke it B!tch
964 Posts
I would leave it in there. Theres nothing better than having an extra filter.

·
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree but I was hoping I could not use it so I wouldnt have to buy the oem filter set and throw the pump filter away. Because I would have to still buy the airdog filters as well.

·
Stroke it B!tch
964 Posts
well i know when i buy my filters that it comes with them both so thats why i still use both of mine. As well its all still tied in so i figured what the heck but i don't think i'll risk running with out it i spent tom much on my injectors to risk having some dirt get in there.

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
I know one guy that has a regulated return system and an AD2 that does not even have the engine mounted fuel filter/oil filter housings anymore.

·
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I have a regulated return kit on mine right now as well and am looking to add the ad2 to it but didnt want to run all new lines just yet. But I might just wait until I can then that way I can get rid of the filter bowl all together since I dont even use the housing for the oil filter anymore.

·
Stroke it B!tch
964 Posts
How did you get rid of the oil filter housing.

·
it's an 02 05 08
930 Posts
i bet he relocated the oil filter with a bypass it take some work to make the reg return work with out the bowl too.alot of work with little benefit's IMO

·
Stroke it B!tch
964 Posts
I was thinking the same thing but that would be more headace than anything.

·
i like to party
1,415 Posts
you can easily delete the fuel filter on the bowl by cutting it off and running a y block, ask strokin6l or pgreensvt im pretty sure they both have it done.

·
Joe
278 Posts
I run it just for the sake of another filter, even though the airdog catches 95% of contaminants. I would say just run it, really how often are you going to have to change it??

·
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How did you get rid of the oil filter housing.
Yea I did a modified BPD oil cooler delete/oil filter bypass mod. I am tweaking it slightly to add a thermostat and move the cooler and filters to a different location from where I had it. Had to add the thermostat to help build oil pressure when its cold out. Once I get it done I will do a write up with pics.

Anyways back to topic. Does anyone have any pics of their setup if and only if they deleted the factory fuel filter bowl? I am thinking of running new lines straight from the pump to my RR setup. Should be relatively straight forward aside from making connecting lines to tie in and add a y block for the supply line to go to each head. Any insight here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

1 - 12 of 12 Posts