Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys was wondering what's another way to wire the airdog 150 pump so when you turn the key on it shuts off with factory pump after a few seconds.I used the fuse tap it came with but it runs and runs if the truck is off I would like to wire it in like the factory pump so it shuts off after a few seconds.It says you can tie it in with the stock pump wiring under the truck will that be to much load on the fuse for the stock pump.

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
For one the OEM pump must be running to use the AD 150 at the same time. You should have a separate wiring harness for the AD150. That harness uses a separate power leg and relay to provide power to the AD150.

Normal operation: Turn key to RUN engine not running the OEM pump will run. AD150 tapped into the OEM harness gets the same signal, kicks over the AD 150 relay and power is supplied to the AD150. IF you leave the key in run (engine not running) long enough the OEM fuel pump will "time out" and stop running. The signal is lost on the tap for the AD 150, so the AD150 shuts down as well.

It sounds like you have tapped into the wrong wire at the HFCM harness.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't tap into the harness I just used the fuse tap that came with the airdog150 and plugged into a fuse on the fuse panel under the dash panel that has power when the key is on like it said in the book with it.I want to tie into the factory fuel pump harness under the truck like you were saying so the airdog will shut off after the timeout when the truck is not running.

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
I'd double check the instructions, wiring, harness or call them. Basically there should be a separate power feed directly off the battery. The relay wire should be fed off the HFCM harness.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hooked the battery wire to the battery the wire with the fuse tap on it is the trigger wire it says to cut off the fuse tap if you want to tie into the factory fuel pump wire.I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't going to be to much load on that circuit with to fuel pumps on it.

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
Yes. Step 6-3 has you tie the relay activation lead to the OEM fuel pump harness. This takes allows the OEM fuel pump power to activate the AirDog relay. The AirDog relay will power the AirDog pump off the connections in Step 6-4 or Step 6-5.

This will provide the same signal to the OEM pump and AirDog. So when the HFCM shuts off so will the AirDog. Turn the key to RUN and both pumps will start running at the same time.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Moved my trigger wire from my fuse panel to the stock fuel pump harness and soldiered it in to the power led works good thanks for the info man.Shuts off with the stock pump after it times out when the truck isn't running.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts