Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just like the title says. had my air condition serviced and everything checked out it was all good. but it doesn't want to work unless i run at or above 2000rpm or get on it a lil bit then it'll work for bout 5 min or so and then starts warming up..when it does work it works EXCELLENT. i was just wondering if there was any sensors or somthing like that. that might be giving it a false reading on coolant psi. any ideas????
thanks in advance for all the help

ryan

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
Sounds like you need to take a shim out of your ac clutch. There's a bolt right in the center of it. Unbolt the coolant bottle to get a little more room. Take the bolt out of the ac clutch. Inside the opening the bolt was in there should be a shim or two. Take one out then put everything back and try your ac again.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
really? i'm not douting you i just figured it be somethin more complicated ($$$$$$$$$)then that. i'll have to try that tom. and get back and let ya kno how things work out. thanks.

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
I would try that first before you go throwing money for parts. The ac clutch is a magnet. It slowly grinds down when it engages and disengages. I went to get a new ac clutch, ask what the washers in the box were for, guy told me. I walked outside to the parking lot and fixed mine. Never did buy the clutch. Drove off and enjoyed my new cold air.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
really. thats amazing that just removing one washer can make a difference.

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
Did it on mine , my cousins , and my dads.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well looks like i'll be number 4

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
I hope it works for ya. If not your not out anything but about 20 minutes. It's worth a try for sure.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Did mine last summer, same symptoms. I kept the shim, because I will eventually replace the clutch. I have no clue if the replacement clutch comes with shims. Actually, I have no idea if you can buy a replacement clutch.

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
You can buy one. It comes with shims.

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
Well. Did it work?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
YEP just got it done bout 30 min ago....worked over yesterday and by the time i got home it was dark. but thanks alot man for the help. i woulda prolly went out and bout a new magnet and would have be out who knows how much.

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
No problem. Glad it worked for you. Even if it only saved you 10 bucks, its worth it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts