Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I installed a new head unit on my 01 super duty. It was all good the. I got in this morning and my airbag light was so I turned the truck off and then started it again it came on as normal and then shut off. Then I pulled into work and it came back on. Any thought on how to get rid of it? My programmer did retrieve any codes. Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
What cab do you have? If you have the passenger side deactivation switch for the air bag system, see if the light proves out when you turn the key on. If not the switch is failing. If it is a crew cab then you won't have it and you will have to get the codes out of it somehow. Good luck

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the extended can. So turn the airbag off and see if that cures it?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I would turn the truck off and then restart, the little orange light on the passger side deactivation switch should turn on then go off pending on what position the switch is in. (ie: on or off) Either way the light should turn on for a few seconds. Usually this switch fails and it will not light up at all when the air bag warning light is on. This can be intermittent as well, sometimes it works sometimes it don't.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried turning it off toady and I couldn't get the off light so I'm guessing it's in the switch.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Btw it's pulling code 27. Not sure what that is yet.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I looked up code 27 and verified it is code for the passenger side deactivation switch. I think you would be safe to replace it to repair your concern. Remove the outer dash panel and unbolt it from the back side. Fairly easy job to do. Good luck!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for you help!!!! i order one tomorrow

·
TennesseeHillbilly
1,318 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts