Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered my kit today. I have a 5 gallon tank coming with the kit, and will be adding two more 3 gallon tanks from a mixer. My plan is to mount all three tanks where the spare used to rest, then the pump in the tool box next to the water tank. Anyone have any feed back? Thinking I will add two air QC at each side of the tool box, drivers and passangers...

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
I would do something to protect the tanks from Off-Roading / Snow / Mud damage. Otherwise sounds pimp.

Get us pics, and sound clips :D

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am thinking some 1/8" sheet to line the bottom, then the drain valves will be the only thing hanging, but there WAY up there!!!

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Cool. How are you going to attach it to the truck? Span the frame rails, or drill holes in the spare tire bracket, or?

·
South Atlanta white trash
495 Posts
Sounds loud:doh:

·
DILLIGAFF
5,946 Posts
Yeah I plan to put my pump and 5 gallon tank in the bed, next to my tool box, so I can run a nail gun etc. if I need to. The horns.... well there only one place they could go..... and thats where the T-case "should" be.

·
I love you bigrpowr!
1,181 Posts
I have no idea how to find it but there was a post over on TDS where someone mounted his tanks in the exact same spot. He also had a somewhat hidden quick connect in or under the back bumper. He had a custom bracket and I believe skid type plate made up. It was a nice install.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was thinking about modding the spare jack and making it lowerable... but those things are prone to breaking anyway so I most likey will build a frame that spans the rails...

·
Sleep well my brothers
2,063 Posts
with that many tanks you might want to upgrade your pump to a 100% duty cycle or run an extra pump.

·
Banned
12 Posts
What size compressor are you using because I have 2 viair 480C's for 1 8 gallon tank and you are going to use 1 comp for 11 gallons it is going to take forever to fill up and recover and what psi do you plan on running.

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
I want air tanks but I think I might hold off until I find a cheap way to put in a belt driven compressor, so its always running with the truck

·
Registered
336 Posts
got fuel, i am going with 1 480c, and was on the fence to go with a 5 gallon or a 8.5 gallon, i wouldnt be using it that much, air horns, filling airbags, and an air tool in a pinch, what do you think.

·
Grumpy Old Bitter Bastard
6,476 Posts
Just ordered my kit today. I have a 5 gallon tank coming with the kit, and will be adding two more 3 gallon tanks from a mixer. My plan is to mount all three tanks where the spare used to rest, then the pump in the tool box next to the water tank. Anyone have any feed back? Thinking I will add two air QC at each side of the tool box, drivers and passangers...
Joe, my x-mas/New Year's Project was my tanks - see attached. Each one's interior volume is 0.5 cu. ft. or 3.15 gal and being 10'-6" - 2" sq x 10g wall 304 st st, I could put a >1000 psi in them, but will only keep them at 275 psi. My main comps are Viair 500c's which are good to 130 psi, and then I have smaller, inflater style, comp that will run up to 275 psi, both which will be boxed under bed. They will drive my Cannon Ball Express triple train horns.

Not quite finished yet, but this weekend or next week should wrap up tanks/boards.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thats not a bad idea... I have about 12" clear between the tool box and the fuel tank... Hummmmmmm Yes pic's if ya got them!

·
Registered
868 Posts
Joe, i thought thats what you were going to do? lol

i had seen a picture of that a while back on here i think...or another site but it looked good. i was just looking at some Nathans and they have one horn that is like 12.75 inches height wise as it sits in a triangle formation..and then they have another that is just 3 in a row that is like 9.5 inches in height.

http://www.hornblasters.com/products/category.php?class=1
(nathan airchime k3 and airchime p3)

what type of horns were you looking at or do you have?

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My plan was to mount the tanks where the spare was and then the horns under the body by the running boards... but I am thinking I will mount the air tanks under the lip of the tool box...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts