Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Ticking time bomb
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have to have an air shut off switch for next pulling season just wondering how you guys are doing it and if you have any pics.

·
HRT Performance
4,565 Posts
There are several ways of doing it depending on how much money you want to spend.

Pre-turbo guillitene (sp) - a slide that slams shut when activated - this is the most common version found in pulling applications - but can be expensive to purchase as most sold for pulling are machined out of billet. There are some DIY ones out there that use a "blast gate" fot an air duct system and can be built pretty easily and cost effective. CompD has some good posts about these.

Pre-turbo butterfly - same as above except its a butterfly - again mechanically actuated or electronically actuated.

post turbo butterfly - a butterfly valve installed between the intakes of the heads and the turbo - it must be air tight so it doesn't cause a boost leak - I have seen them mechancially actuated and electronically actuated. There are comercial companies that sell these for OTR applications. Brandon aka "JoeFarmer" on CompD has on his S-10, Scott aka "BigBadDodge" use to run one on his first truck - his new truck uses the first method if I remember correctly.

·
Crazy Talk
3,537 Posts
here is mine. used a shut off for like a sawdust collector as jason mentioned.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts