Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my truck is an E99 w/ 112,500 on the odo. I'm gonna start beefin it up one piece at a time. I need to replace the air filter but thinkin it might be a good time to go aftermarket now. The exhaust is bone stock Cat and everything. I wouldn't create too high of EGT's changin out the air first and leavin exhaust stock until I can afford to upgrade would I. Or should I spend my money on the exhaust first and leave air stock for now. I know it sounds stupid but this is the crud that I think about. Oh yeah and guages will def be goin on soon too.

·
Registered
853 Posts
if ur doin the exhaust just wait a day or two save up 40 bucks and do the 6637 intake and the exhaust at the same time

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree with the logic on that def going the tymar route which is luckily inexpensive, but I also agree that I oughta think about knockin out the exhaust first even if it means blowing out my stock air filter to buy a little time.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'd do the air first. Stock exhaust haven't been known to ruin these motors. Stock air boxes have. When I bought my truck it was a straight pipe with a bad airbox. I got 9.25mpg. I replaced the air box with the severe duty kit and put the stock exhaust on and I got 13.25mpg. You can always run a straight pipe.

·
Registered
109 Posts
You can buy an exhaust pipe from Ford for a model that came without a Cat and then either straight pipe the rest or get a Walker Big Truck Muffler (basically a version of an old Cherry Bomb) from NAPA or other auto parts store to complete the exhaust update.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks again guys I went on ahead and ordered a tymar kit and a Diamond eye exhaust from Dale. The air intake is already here but will have to wait until next days off to do the exhaust. I think i'm gonna go ahead and throw the air on. I drive almost four hundred miles at a time to get back to work and the stock air filter had to be blown out once. Don't want to dust out that turbo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts