Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Air only comes out defrost vents?

9K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  sirnunya 
#1 ·
Needed the air conditioner all too soon down here in Texas. Flipped it on and air would only come out of the defrost vents. In all positions on the switch. Nothing out of the panel.

Need to get this fixed before it gets up to 100*+ and if your in texas, you know that ain't far away!

#2 ·
Start tracing vacume lines. When you loose vacume it goes to defrost. Check the vac pump also.

#3 ·
:whs: my 03 and 99 had the same problems, both were craped out vac pumps

#8 ·
Def check the lines to the front hubs, mine were pretty rotten, and probably caused a vac pump failure, I didn't look into that yet.

You could probably open the pump and bend the bi-metal spring a teensy bit and your pump would be back in ship shape again.

#5 ·
On a 4X4 I would also check the lines going to the frt hubs also. I always forget that. I have a 2X.

#7 ·
On pass side fender well towards the rear. Turn the key on and you should find it if it's running. But looking at your avatar, I would check the lines going to the frt hubs.

#9 ·
just give it a couple good taps with a pair of pliers, mine did it bout a month ago and i tapped it a few times with my pliers and it works fine now, havent had any problems since

#10 ·
Check under the glove box. There is a vacuum line connection there that likes to hook on toes and come undone.

#11 ·
Just how BIG are your feet Andy?:poke: Couldn't let that one go by.

#15 ·
What fuse was it?

I'm guessing I'll start by checking the fuse then work my way to the lines then the pump itself

#17 ·
I don't have the oem hubs anymore. Warn manual lock-ins but yeah they work

#20 ·
Gonna sound lame and kinda retarded but mine did the same thing. I was also having trouble with the batteries not having enough cold-cranking amps at the time. I replaced both batteries and never had that problem again. Maybe coincidence...?

#21 ·
You lame tard. Of course thats not it :poke:LOL:D

My batteries are getting weak though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.