Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Needed the air conditioner all too soon down here in Texas. Flipped it on and air would only come out of the defrost vents. In all positions on the switch. Nothing out of the panel.

Need to get this fixed before it gets up to 100*+ and if your in texas, you know that ain't far away!

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Start tracing vacume lines. When you loose vacume it goes to defrost. Check the vac pump also.

·
Diesel Huffer
908 Posts
:whs: my 03 and 99 had the same problems, both were craped out vac pumps

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
On a 4X4 I would also check the lines going to the frt hubs also. I always forget that. I have a 2X.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where is the vac pump?

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
On pass side fender well towards the rear. Turn the key on and you should find it if it's running. But looking at your avatar, I would check the lines going to the frt hubs.

·
Science rulz
1,424 Posts
Def check the lines to the front hubs, mine were pretty rotten, and probably caused a vac pump failure, I didn't look into that yet.

my 2000 does that occasionally i can jus tap on the vaccum pump lil bit with my knuckles or somethin handy an it goes back to workin for few days or week an sometimes longer
You could probably open the pump and bend the bi-metal spring a teensy bit and your pump would be back in ship shape again.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
just give it a couple good taps with a pair of pliers, mine did it bout a month ago and i tapped it a few times with my pliers and it works fine now, havent had any problems since

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Check under the glove box. There is a vacuum line connection there that likes to hook on toes and come undone.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Check under the glove box. There is a vacuum line connection there that likes to hook on toes and come undone.
Just how BIG are your feet Andy?:poke: Couldn't let that one go by.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Not my feet. I have never set in my passenger seat.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What fuse was it?

I'm guessing I'll start by checking the fuse then work my way to the lines then the pump itself

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't have the oem hubs anymore. Warn manual lock-ins but yeah they work

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
did you plug the lines going to the oem ones when you replaced them if not that is probably the problem
No.

But the vents have worked before after instaling hubs.

·
Military/Firefighter
61 Posts
Gonna sound lame and kinda retarded but mine did the same thing. I was also having trouble with the batteries not having enough cold-cranking amps at the time. I replaced both batteries and never had that problem again. Maybe coincidence...?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts