Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does an after market air intake usually run for a 6.0?
Any perferred brands?

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
AFE, Airaid, S&B, K&N all not to bad but if your gonna stay stock, the stock filter is just fine. Do yourself the Zoodad mod open it up for more air and you should be good. Really dont need to be changing your filter out unless you plan on going over 500hp thats my opinion. Save your money and spend it on the ERG Delete kit.

·
Still learning
368 Posts
AFE, Airaid, S&B, K&N all not to bad but if your gonna stay stock, the stock filter is just fine. Do yourself the Zoodad mod open it up for more air and you should be good. Really dont need to be changing your filter out unless you plan on going over 500hp thats my opinion. Save your money and spend it on the ERG Delete kit.
X2!! A majority will tell you to stay stock till you go over 500 horse. I just went with an Air Raid filter so I didn't have to pay out the nose for the stock filter.

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
I like the AFE units myself. Stock is very good.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It justs seems the factory ones are so dang restrictive and not to mention at $90 a piece replacing it a couple times would pay for a cold air intake?:poke:

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
And give less clean air..stocker is all thats needed unless you have 500+ HP or need something shiny.

·
Reppin' the 6.4L
2,341 Posts
I'm thinking about an AFE Stage II (Can't decide which one) or the new Volant intake.

Which one should I go for?

And yes, I would keep the stocker, but I need something shiny since I enter in many many car shows. And I also would like to get away from paying $80 for a filter change. :doh:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts