Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am running the xtreme street tune and i looked under the hood and saw that air plunger was sucked half way down even with the s&b intake anyone else having this issue...?

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Yeah mine too even nursing it lately. My intake is the Volant and I think it flows like sh!t.

·
Registered
173 Posts
ya my step dad ran the tru flow system and it did it also but as for s&b i have no idea why i would do that take the top off the box and run it see what happens and if it doesnt do it just get a new filter i would go with an afe filter though you can get them what ever size you want

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I haven't found an intake yet that doesn't suck in the filter minder. I just ordered the new AFE Stage 2 to test out on one of our trucks.
Funny, I just ordered the same kit an hr ago or so. Mine was sucked in and haven't been over 2000 rpm in two weeks.

·
Registered
442 Posts
You guys runnin a outerwears sock? Mine will suck the filter minder in with the sock on. Doesn't do it without it. Just a thought.

·
Registered
653 Posts
You guys just need to relocate your passenger side battery to where the cai is currently and run a Dirty Diesel Big Suck V2:poke:

A person can even run a larger filter with the Dirty setup! I still use the S&B filter and sock without any issues. I do not recomend this intake to those in dusty/snowy/rainy conditions. Pretty much if you want maximum air flow on the tracks or street this is the bomb! At the track I pull my headlight out and it is a direct shot into the filter.

If you have concerns with aluminum intake tube and under hood heat then use header wrap.

Also, if you aren't already take the cover off of whatever intake you are running now. You'll be cleaning you filter a lot more but I've never had an issue with mine when I has a S&B and filter sock.

·
Registered
803 Posts
You guys just need to relocate your passenger side battery to where the cai is currently and run a Dirty Diesel Big Suck V2:poke:

A person can even run a larger filter with the Dirty setup! I still use the S&B filter and sock without any issues. I do not recomend this intake to those in dusty/snowy/rainy conditions. Pretty much if you want maximum air flow on the tracks or street this is the bomb! At the track I pull my headlight out and it is a direct shot into the filter.

If you have concerns with aluminum intake tube and under hood heat then use header wrap.

Also, if you aren't already take the cover off of whatever intake you are running now. You'll be cleaning you filter a lot more but I've never had an issue with mine when I has a S&B and filter sock.
I'll have to try it out on our stock bolt on truck. I've run 11.7 so far, with a single shot.

I know the filter can be a restriction because I had a customer take their filter off and lose almost two tenths in the 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I'll have to try it out on our stock bolt on truck. I've run 11.7 so far, with a single shot.

I know the filter can be a restriction because I had a customer take their filter off and lose almost two tenths in the 1/4 mile.
Yeah I definitely recommend relocating the CAI to the front for us who are racing. It just makes sense. Whether you make your own or buy one it is worth it for the racers/pullers.

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
i hate to say it, but my banks intake has never done it...the stock intake sucks the filter minder in rather easy, even while driving easy.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
No I don't have the outer sock on or is the filter dirty. Hell they say it will last 100000 miles, can't be cleaned and is $100 to replace. I think the air flow is good cause it pulls from the stock flume and the whole in the fender.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Where you getting the Dirty Diesel Big Suck V2?

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts

How much for the Big Suck CAI V2? I will be interested in it when i relocate my batteries.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Where you getting the Dirty Diesel Big Suck V2?
From Dirty Diesel Customs

How much for the Big Suck CAI V2? I will be interested in it when i relocate my batteries.
Pm Dr. Smoke or myself to get a price. They are built by hand and only built when ordered.

Like I said earlier I don't suggest this cai for trucks dd in dusty/snowy/rainy conditions. This is for race applications.

I do dd with mine but it gets dirty quick. Filter sock is a must on highway.

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
My afe stage 2 doesent suck it in i got it used on craigslist when i was in vegas for 100 bucks

·
Banned
459 Posts
my dads k&n intake dosnt suck it in and its the hole intake not just a fliter

·
Registered
388 Posts
Big Suck Intakes are 550.00
We use a Duramax filter

We will no longer be selling S&B filters we are sick and tired of people sucking the filters in. They would work good for a mass produced medeocre tuner like Edge. Also they have poor marketing strategies in Canada. I recomend to anyone with an S&B intake to save there money for the new AFE or a Volant I will be offering special pricing to those I have wronged by selling them S&B.

Attachments

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
Damn 550. thats a lot for a air intake. But i guess u gotta pay for great quality. i will be gettin one for mine when it comes time for battery moving.

·
Registered
36 Posts
heck i got the stock air box with a drop in air filter from afe and it dosnt suck the gauge down. even running the extreme race tune from eric.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts