Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Well i was plowing tonight and my truck would lost power and it sounded like alot of air was being pushed out the exaust. Is this air in the fuel lines? I dont know what it could be. Do i need to replace to blue fuel lines underneath the fuel filter bowl. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

-Tony:pullover:

·
Registered
329 Posts
lose power and run rough like it had a miss? any certain set of circumstances that could be related? what did u do b4 it started acting up? poor fuel? clogged filter? any visible leaks?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya its like a big rush of air and then the power is back

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yup it started tonight its weird

·
Registered
329 Posts
Mine started on a road trip from FL to WY. A bit unerving when you have that far to go.
Sorry, but I don't have a quick fix for you, I will follow this thread so I can fix mine too.
I just had mine replaced about 5k miles ago... have you ever had yours replaced?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nope i have a 96 7.3 where is it located?

·
Registered
329 Posts
On the hot side of the turbo I believe. I was at the stealership for a IDM fiasco.... another story, however, they replaced it, i had no idea what it was and figured I got took. I have read on hear about wiring in a switch to operate it manually.... I think that it would be a great idea, as when it is closed it is supposed to work like a psuedo engine brake.....

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Unplug the plug that is under the turbo and your problem should go away forever. It is in fact the EBPV that is causing your problem. When unplugged the EBPV returns to an open state ans stays there. It will not hurt anything and the only reason we have it is to promote quicker heating of the engine in cold temps.

·
Don't buy it, mod it!
37 Posts
What he said:whs:

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Really? When? Is it coming in the form of cash, check, or money order? Just kidding. Glad I could help.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
where is this switch located? i looked real quick but i was in a rush and didnt look too thoroughly. Is it somthing i can jsut pull off with my fingers or do i need pliers?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts