Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when i bought my truck some tard had put green coolant in it. I had it flushed and re filled with motocraft gold about a month ago. They said it was good to go so i picked it up and took it home. The next morning i did not have any heat i went back over there and they put almost a gallon of fluid in it. I just figured it had air in it. well couple days later no heat again i ended up putting two gallons in it. then when it got to temp it overflowed It was good for a few weeks now at a idle it blows out cold but soon as you step on the gas it gets warm. This might be a stupid question but do diesels have thermostats? Anyone have any idea what could be up?

·
WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
753 Posts
I would be very careful with the throttle until you get the coolant topped up. If you get aggressive with it you might cook a head.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Maybe fill it and let it idle for 20 minutes or so with the rad cap off, then top it up. It should allow all the air to bleed out.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It has idled still seems to be air if it is on low idle air is cold if u put it on high idle it gets warm is the a place to relese the air? could it be the t stat?

·
401 Posts
Does the coolant level stay consistent in the degas tank?
It should rise say 1" or so when the truck is at operating temp.
But should stay between those levels.
If it moves around a lot, drops, pushes coolant out, etc. You could have air still or other things causing it.
How much coolant were you charged for?
This truck should take around 7 when I did mine.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I cant tell if it moves you cant really tell if the leavel moves. I took them the coolant 3 gallons so it would make 6. I think i may have found my problem it apears i have a coolant leak i can not tell where it is coming from to much crap in the way i regretfully say it apears to be the radiator.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts