Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just changed an injector in a '06 6.0, my first 6.0, and it cranked forever before it started. This kept on for a while but seems to be getting better after driving 10 miles or so. Found a TSB about air getting trapped in the HPO system and having to basically drive the truck hard to get it out. Is this a common problem and practice?

·
Registered
193 Posts
normal for any HPO system repair. about 15 miles of driving with some hard accelerations should clear the air from the system

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, is it a normal issue? It did clear up, was just hard to explain to the customer why he spent so much money and his truck didn't start well when he picked it up!

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Its common, I think on dealership repairs they take it out and drive it before the customer picks it up.

·
Diesel Sled Head
1,101 Posts
Ford states at least 5 wot accelerations will get the air out. I always take her for a good test drive with many wot accelerations to 50 or so.

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
I thought it was alot more then 5 WOT, or at least 100 miles or more.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Found a TSB on it. Ford says atleast 5 wot from 25mph up to atleast 50mph OR 100+ miles of normal driving. Thanks for all your help though guys. Was just a bit concerned cause it was a new customer and kinda skitish! Everything is A ok now

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
* meant 15 wot

1 - 9 of 9 Posts