Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its about time to change my air filter but I wasn't sure what kind to get. I'm running an SCT with custom tunes and a 5" straight pipe exhaust. Will a factory filter work just fine and if so where is the cheapest place to purchase one? Or should I get an aftermarket drop in?

I

·
0 Posts
I'm not sure were you can find it the cheapest but the OEM filter (Donaldson) on the 6.0 works just fine. I changed my intake and found no real advantages. I wouldn't do it again.. Maybe someone else will chime in that knows were you can buy one cheaper than at the stealership..
I'll do a search and see what I can find for ya..

·
Registered
652 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
I bought a drop in airaid filter because it paid for itself in two filter replacements

·
Registered
386 Posts
because its a cleanable filter so i can keep using it and new replacement filter range any where from 45 to 80 bucks

·
Ford Motor Co. Worker
83 Posts
Wherever you buy make sure it's a Mastercraft. If you want to learn why do a google search of "dusting a 6.0". It's not worth the price difference.

·
Premium Member
3,402 Posts
OEM works just fine for me. Any filter that can hold 3 pounds of dust and still flow is good for me.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Stock I belive is a Donaldson..best you can buy and in a 6.0 good to 500HP.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts