Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Air Dog ll 165 does anyone know of alternate filters that can be used instead of the pure flow ones. I'm over seas and it's impossible to find pure flow and XDP are out of stock. It's also nearly impossible to get anyone to ship overseas. I was looking at Donaldson filters but no 100% sure they will work. Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
79 Posts
For the primary/water seperator there is Wix #33616 or Baldwin #BF1275 these have a 20 micron nominal rating and a max flow rate of 7-9 GPM.
The best filter I have found for the secondary that is a direct replacement is the Donaldson #P551315 which is Beta rated B100-3. which means it is 99% efficient at 3 microns.
A filter with a Nominal rating means it is 50% efficient at the stated microns
A filter with an Absolute rating means it is 98.7% efficient at the stated microns.

The factory Air dog filter has Beta ratings of B50-2, B10-5 & B75-10, which translates to 50% efficient @2 microns, 90% efficient @ 5 microns & 98.667% efficient @ 10 micron. Wix makes a direct replacement #33673 for the Air Dog filter if you want to stick with their ratings.
Some people have used the Caterpillar filter # 1R-0751 as a replacement. It has a 2 micron absolute rating but the Air dog base needs some modifications for it to fit.
AirDog and Cat 1R0751 2 micron absolute filter - Duramax Diesels Forum

The Ford Factory secondary filter mounted on the engine has a Beta rating of B75-4 or in other words a 4 micron absolute rating

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, I did some digging and found that Donaldson makes both filters to accommodate the Air Dog application. I will post those part numbers ASAP

·
Registered
79 Posts
The Donaldson # that crosses over for the primary/water separator is P550550. I should have included it with the other two.
eCatalog - P550550

Actually Wix makes a direct replacement for the Airdog WS-100, primary/separator filter. It is #33790. However it has a 140 nominal micron rating.
Part Details

The Baldwin, Donaldson & Wix33616 have a 20 micron rating which is a better choice if a person is going to run the 3 micron Donaldson as the secondary filter.

If you are still running with the Factory 4 micron filter in the secondary filter bowl on the engine, the higher rated filters (140micron & 10micron) are probably just fine, but if you have done away with the factory 4 micron, then the 20micron & 3microns are a better choice.

·
Registered
955 Posts
For the primary/water seperator there is Wix #33616 or Baldwin #BF1275 these have a 20 micron nominal rating and a max flow rate of 7-9 GPM.
The best filter I have found for the secondary that is a direct replacement is the Donaldson #P551315 which is Beta rated B100-3. which means it is 99% efficient at 3 microns.
A filter with a Nominal rating means it is 50% efficient at the stated microns
A filter with an Absolute rating means it is 98.7% efficient at the stated microns.

The factory Air dog filter has Beta ratings of B50-2, B10-5 & B75-10, which translates to 50% efficient @2 microns, 90% efficient @ 5 microns & 98.667% efficient @ 10 micron. Wix makes a direct replacement #33673 for the Air Dog filter if you want to stick with their ratings.
Some people have used the Caterpillar filter # 1R-0751 as a replacement. It has a 2 micron absolute rating but the Air dog base needs some modifications for it to fit.
AirDog and Cat 1R0751 2 micron absolute filter - Duramax Diesels Forum

The Ford Factory secondary filter mounted on the engine has a Beta rating of B75-4 or in other words a 4 micron absolute rating

I wasn't familiar with all of those specs so thanks for posting. :rockon:

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I can't recall off hand what CAT filters cross reference to the AD but I was running cat primaries and Baldwin separators. As far as modifications, it was only a simple bracket modification on mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts