Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
ROLLIN' BLACK!!!!!
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought the airdog 150gph system witht he 45-75 psi adjustable built in regulator. i have it partialy installed but was windering if anyone else has also installed one on an obs powerstroke. they kit comes with 1/2" line for the inlet and output of the pump. but factory line is something like 1/4" or 3/8". i think it is 1/4". will this be fine for the inlet (suction side of the pump) or will i be starving my new pump. putting in 238 hybrid injectors with the wide open performance qssb (quick spool) borg warner s300. my turbo guy here builds it for them. i have 1/2 line from there forward.

thanks for the input and advice

·
Busted Knuckles
2,456 Posts
I havent installed this system but I would go with a 1/2 inch for the inlet. It seems that if you have a 1/4 restriction in the beginning I wouldn't think it would flow more out of the pump. i could be wrong but thats what i would do since you're gonna be flowing a good amt of fuel.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
If you are going for more than 450 hp, which those injectors and turbo are capable of, you should run at least 3/8 fuel line and replace the factory 1/4.

I did my on electric fuel system, i utilized the factory lines, but my goal is 400 hp so it wont be a restriction on my setup.

·
ROLLIN' BLACK!!!!!
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you are going for more than 450 hp, which those injectors and turbo are capable of, you should run at least 3/8 fuel line and replace the factory 1/4.

I did my on electric fuel system, i utilized the factory lines, but my goal is 400 hp so it wont be a restriction on my setup.

the only problem i am running into is that the factory line run through the fuel tank selector valve. both line from each tank and both return line go through this selector valve. if a absolutly have to i can replace the lines but then i have to buy expensive connectors to hook into the selector valve and the tank connections.

·
Busted Knuckles
2,456 Posts
the only problem i am running into is that the factory line run through the fuel tank selector valve. both line from each tank and both return line go through this selector valve. if a absolutly have to i can replace the lines but then i have to buy expensive connectors to hook into the selector valve and the tank connections.
Actually you dont. If you pull those lines off the selector you can just slip the new ones over the barb and hose clamp them on. That is what I did on my electric fuel/regulated return and its working perfectly no leaks.

·
Registered
669 Posts
it shouldn't matter if the pickup lines outa the tank are the same size it dont matter what size hose you run it still the same size coming outa the tank and same size going into the motor.

·
ROLLIN' BLACK!!!!!
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it shouldn't matter if the pickup lines outa the tank are the same size it dont matter what size hose you run it still the same size coming outa the tank and same size going into the motor.
see thats whe i thought. even with my big 238 hybrid injectors i thought that 1/4" line will still have enough fuel to run it. the metal line from the top of the tank to the bottom is small like 1/4". so i figured changing everything else to bigger line is pointless being as the suction line in the tank is still 1/4". am i wrong thinking this? this is why i am asking now. the only other option i see in doing a sump in each tank.

thanks for advice

·
Registered
669 Posts
I think its pointless unless you make the pickup bigger and the inlet hole into the motor. Cause even if you have 1/2 line(I know that's what air dog sends you as i had one on my cummins) going in the pump and out of the pump but have 1/4 pick-up line and 1/4 line going into the motor that 1/2 line means nothing.

That's how it was on my dodge. Stock pick-up outa the tank and stock size hole going into injectioin pump so the 1/2 line going from top of tank to pump to injection pump meant nothing.

·
ROLLIN' BLACK!!!!!
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think its pointless unless you make the pickup bigger and the inlet hole into the motor. Cause even if you have 1/2 line(I know that's what air dog sends you as i had one on my cummins) going in the pump and out of the pump but have 1/4 pick-up line and 1/4 line going into the motor that 1/2 line means nothing.

That's how it was on my dodge. Stock pick-up outa the tank and stock size hole going into injectioin pump so the 1/2 line going from top of tank to pump to injection pump meant nothing.

see thats what i think as well. but i just wanted to get some opinions. i just don't want to starve my brand new expensive pump. but 1/4" line should be enough.

·
Registered
669 Posts
That's what I planned on doing for electric full. Get an air dog 150gph and just hook it up to stock line's and returne's, I don't see why that's wouldn't work sence the pick-up lines outa the tanks are much much smaller then the 1/2 line that air dog supply's with there pumps.

·
Registered
56 Posts
So if i did stage 1.5's what airsog should i go with???

·
Registered
119 Posts
Air Dog DF165 should work from stock to 250cc inj. Just my .02

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
save your $ a wilbro 392 feeds my 238/80's all i did was 3/8 push lock from the selector forward.

·
One Stroke @ a Time
268 Posts
The issue with stock lines from the pump to the tank isn't the flow. Even with 250s you only need to flow about 60gph. With the additional restrictions of the stock lines it will make your pump work harder and run hotter not being able to get the flow to it that is desired. If you search around you will see where others with AirDog set ups have switched from stock lines to 1/2" or 5/8" feed lines and the main noticeable difference what the noise from the pump. They run a lot cooler and quieter when they get the flow they want. Just my $.02 I'm currently trying to source a selectable valve with -10 AN fittings that I can put in place of the stock selector and still run both tanks on my set up. I'll let you know what I find.

·
One Stroke @ a Time
268 Posts
Ok I know how to do it, and will post how to do it soon, its looking like another $200-300 to ad selectable 5/8" pick up lines. I'll keep you posted

1 - 17 of 17 Posts