Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
powerstroker6.0
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a air dog 2 I picked up really cheap brand new never been installed with my miss will it help I've heard of pumps going out?

·
powerstroker6.0
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump
So know one knows anything about a air dog?

·
powerstroker6.0
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see I made a mistake when I first posted will it help with the mods I have I'm my signature I know.it days I have the ad on but don't at the moment is it worth it?

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
Your air dog will pay for itself since 6.0 filters are so pricey. Also I do see a lot of stockers go out around here. Seems like the stock filter on frame rail lets a lot by it.

·
powerstroker6.0
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I put it on and it fails could I put my stock pump on I mean its my daily its how I get to work

·
Registered
246 Posts
My AD 2 lasted less than 5000 miles and left me stuck. As a stand alone pump I would never run one again, let alone hook a trailer and head down the road. When it does fail you will be at the mercy of AD. Just my experience.
I had the unit replaced with a AD 100 and put a stocker back on. Haven't had an issue since.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just a heads up as well, I have 4 ad2 on differnt trucks that run all the time. Every truck has gone through at least 3 pumps. My personal truck is on 6. And let me also say around #6 they "loose" your warranty card and you have to buy another for 175. Let me say I cant wait till I can rip all these pumps out and burn them.

·
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods
1,549 Posts
That is why I am saying SCREW Airdog (Pureflow) and FASS and their so called "Lifetime Warranty" and I am going with my own fuel system that deletes ALL of the oem fuel lines and pump and goes with an Aeromotive A1000 (marine version) and Dahl 200 fuel filter/water separator, that will filter down to 2 microns. I have never heard of anyone running an Aeromotive fuel pump having it fail on them and leaving them stranded, whereas I am always hearing of the AD and FASS pumps failing leaving the driver high and dry until their so called lifetime warranty sends them a new pump. But hey just think about how much healthier their injectors are by not having all that air in the fuel, which I have yet to see any "real" data saying that our injectors dont live as long as say adding a RR kit and pushing the vast majority of the air back to the tank and circulating A LOT more fuel through the head. Now of course the Aeromotive pumps only come with a 2 year warranty but there are A LOT of guys out there running the same pump for over 6 years without any problems. I guess my point is, what is the purpose of the "lifetime warranty" if the pump will most likely never fail in the first place??

I should mention that there also ALOT of guys who run the AD/FASS lift pumps that feed the stock pump and have GREAT success but IMO I would rather pull off all of the factory stuff if I am going aftermarket at all. I also want to run a sump with my setup but that is JMO. You definitely dont have to if you dont want to.

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
I have went through a AD2 pump in less then 4 months on my duramax. Thank god they are a flow threw pump. A lot of people on the duramax forums are having problems with airdog saying they never got there cards. (They need to email saying they got it) Least there warranty pays shipping cost.

·
Registered
168 Posts
does anyone run the raptor pumps?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts