Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
142 Posts
I would suggest you are careful with aftermarket lift pumps. I have never put an airdog on, but I have put some fass pumps on the 6.7's with terrible results.
According to spencer at Fass the pumps draw excess fuel and create a vacumn, they starve the system for fuel and will shut the truck down with a no restart condition. He also told me at this point in time they do not have a solution.

The factory lift pump is very capable from my experience, in fact i am still using it on my 6.7. I do however have a nice filter relocate kit, that uses a 2 micron filter. The filter mounts on the frame rail and is a cat ir-749 or equivalent. I use a fleetguard bracket and filter head and mounted the filter on the frame by the filler neck. The filter incorporates a water separator in the bottom and can be changed in 60 seconds at about a 12 dollar cost.

This is just my .02 cents and my experience I hope it helps.

·
Registered
40 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Banned
142 Posts
How much did thw aftermarket filter system you out together tun you?
It was around 200 with the metal lines to the pump. Then to delete the metal cp4 feed lines it cost me another 200. (I needed to do that to clear room for the larger turbo's I installed.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts