Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

air dam "chicken lights" opinions

10K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  foursixtysix 
#1 ·
Ok so i am in between projects at the moment and ive seen a couple trucks with amber lights on the air dams. I like them, i have a 2007 with the factory air dam and i want to do them, i need some opinions on what would look better the 2" lights that sit in the grommets or the mini lights that sit in a 3/4" hole ill be doing between 9-12 lights most likely 9 tho. what do you guys think the 2" or 3/4"?

#2 ·
Personally, I don't like seeing people trying to Big Truck it with all those lights on a pick-up, but if it were me I would use the little round lights (like 1/2 or 3/4 inch round) and put 3 in the center and one on either end like this dodge picture I attached. I also attached a ford picture with 9 lights to give u an idea

Attachments

#4 ·
im trying to get out of that "phase" of putting lights on everything, i like the lights on the dodge with just the 5 lights i kind of like the stock look of this truck but want to stand out just a little

#5 ·
I like the strip lights on my truck.

#6 ·
I have to say that looks pretty cool! how do you end the light? Are they bright at night?

#7 ·
They are strip lights from superbright led.com.
They are bright. I need to get some photos at night.
I also have 2 red ones across the back on the top of the utility body.
One row for running lights and one row for brake and turn signals.

#8 ·
I think i like them because theyre different ill have to check them out

#9 ·
#11 ·
ive been on other forums with my other trucks, and so far this one is a hell of a lot more useful with ideas and actual help on it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.