Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Ford F 250 XLT 7.3 Powerstroke
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys
which E components are installed on 97 Powerstroke on the air conditioner
Magnetic clutch compressor
solenoid clutch switch on compressor
high pressure sensor ?
low pressure sensor ?
relay for the magnetic clutch switch ?
fuse
Temperature sensor ? if so where is it installed ?
On off switch interior.
Are these all components ?
or have I forgotten something.
Thanks for the support
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,444 Posts
Possibly these will help. Cheers!
 

Attachments

  • Like
Reactions: Michael Wallace

·
Registered
Joined
·
692 Posts
There is no relay or sensor - just 2 pressure switches.

 
  • Like
Reactions: Michael Wallace

·
Registered
Joined
·
692 Posts
...with ventilation and A/C on, no power 12 V at the plug for the clutch compressor...
With the key in RUN (engine off) and HVAC set to MAX (blower doesn't matter), put the voltmeter black probe on the battery (-) post, and use the red probe in the back (wire side) of the connector on the accumulator's low-pressure switch to check each wire. Both should be 12V. If so, check both wires at the high-pressure switch behind the compressor (pierce each wire). Post all your results.
 

·
Registered
1997 Ford F 250 XLT 7.3 Powerstroke
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Switch AC on / off well 12 V are switched.
Low pressure switch AC output 12 V ok.
High pressure switch AC output 12 V ok.
12 V at plug-in magnetic clutch compressor ok.
Magnetic coupling compressor does not work.

Power via cable directly to the magnetic clutch plug from the battery kommpresseor clutch works
Must not be weden the high switching number and the current A a rele installed.
Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
692 Posts
Switch AC on / off well 12 V are switched.
Low pressure switch AC output 12 V ok.
High pressure switch AC output 12 V ok.
12 V at plug-in magnetic clutch compressor ok.
Magnetic coupling compressor does not work.
That's not possible, unless you were taking these readings with the connectors UNplugged.
Must not be weden the high switching number and the current A a rele installed.
Uuuuhhh...
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top