Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Laces Out
12,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 97 reg cab f250 has firestone ride rites....anyone know proper air pressure i should run? or is it something i need to play with to get just right??

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
just depends on how much load you have on. I usually ran enough psi (up to 80) to keep the back end from sagging when loaded.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Mike,

I think u can adjust the air pressure to whatever you feel is right. Im not sure tho, but i dont think there is a set air pressure.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Min 5 lbs to keep the bag shape. I belive the whole system is rated for 150psi considering it was installed correctly.

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
My friend has these, max is 100lbs unloaded I believe.

I would run them low empty, loaded just depends on the weight. As much as you need to keep the truck level up to 100psi.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
i didnt know u had a friend gregrob!!! maybe an acquaintance!!!

·
Local Machine Gun Builder
496 Posts
On my reg cab I've found I have to run less pressure than my longer trucks when empty or it rides like hell.
My 2000 I run 20 psi with the velvet ride shackles and it rides like a Caddilac.

·
Bleau May
633 Posts
I have Air Lift bags and the minimum is 5lbs and max is 100lbs like already said. I only add air if needed to keep the ride softer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I run 30lbs empty and it rides great. 60lbs with my 34ft fifth wheel which goes 13,200 loaded

·
Bill
281 Posts
any body running them in the front?

·
Registered
817 Posts
Who has the best air bag kit for an OBS Dually?

Thanks,
Michael Pliska

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
I run airbags up front. Was my solution to avoid the F-250 spring sag and tilted tires.

Tom

·
Bill
281 Posts
what do you think of the ride with them in the front. I know when I get over 20 psi in the back you can feel a diffrence.

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
I only run 10 psi up front so the ride is not effected. Just enough to support the front springs to prevent sag.

Tom

·
dinnerbooter treasurer
3,567 Posts
The 2 big names in air bags are Airlift and Firestone. I have Airlift's in the front of my truck for the snow plow. Simple design and look to be beefy enough. I have heard the same thing about the Firestone ones.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts