Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
hit n miss
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a preferred place to mount airbags? I'm a bit wary of putting anything in the wheel well but it seems that would be a bit more stable.

·
Hater Club
3,602 Posts
I have the pac brake setup over the springs. Simple and they are perfect.

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
I ran a set on top of the springs for 50k miles. Had 120psi in them more than a couple times. They worked great.

P.S. How do you drink that disgusting beer. Yuck.
I tried a Peroni a couple weeks ago and it was nasty. To each his own.LOL

·
Lost Cause
896 Posts
Over the spring. Better for lifted applications.

·
PSN Pretender
1,926 Posts
Inside the frame for ease off installation (no drilling), and if you have factory overload springs there will be no additional parts needed to install them.

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Is there a preferred place to mount airbags? I'm a bit wary of putting anything in the wheel well but it seems that would be a bit more stable.
Hey Peroni,

I put over spring bags on the sig truck below. Have not hauled heavy yet so can't comment on that. I will say as I am running 315 75 R 16 on the stock rims (now) and have had same tire on 8" wide rims too. My Firestones are close clearance wise and would be relucant to run chains on the rear with the 315s, with the winters (265s on 8" wide rims) I might in a pinch. Just something to consider if you ever need to chain up. The over axle should provide longer travel which might have a better ride least that is what I was told by guys I bought mine from. The over axle I think generally is more dough too....

jrc

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I've had both on different trucks. The truck with the bags on the springs seemed a lot more stable with a camper than the truck with the bags on the inside.

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
I've had both on different trucks. The truck with the bags on the springs seemed a lot more stable with a camper than the truck with the bags on the inside.
Seems that the farther out the bags are the more stable it would be...kinda why Ford decided to start mounting the shocks on the outside of the frame instead of the inside.

·
Registered
136 Posts
You would think it would be easier to mount on too of the spring also iwould believe that it would be miter beneficial if they were mounted further from the center as far as sway goes

·
Registered
136 Posts
You would think it would be easier to mount on too of the spring also iwould believe that it would be more beneficial if they were mounted further from the center as far as sway goes

1 - 10 of 10 Posts