Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read in another thread that you can use a oil drain plug from a dodge cummins for an AIH Delete. Does anyone know what year cummins plug can be used? Or does anyone know the size of the AIH hole?

Im pretty sure that
Earlier 5.9 cummins plugs are 22mm-1.50
Newer 5.9 and 6.7 cummins are 18mm-1.50

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,377 Posts
the plug is a 22MM X 1/2 thread, it can be drilled (with the R drill bit that was left from your pyro install) and tapped (with the 1/8" NPT tap that came from same install) the 1/8" NPT male compression fitting can be found at most auto parts stores. A little teflon tape, or thread lock and your done. Remember though the 22mm plug needs either a copper crush washer or a rubber/ synthetic washer to seal against the intake spyder.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
The plug I used was a 22 X 1.25 with a plastic washer.

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts
I read in another thread that you can use a oil drain plug from a dodge cummins for an AIH Delete. Does anyone know what year cummins plug can be used? Or does anyone know the size of the AIH hole?

Im pretty sure that
Earlier 5.9 cummins plugs are 22mm-1.50
Newer 5.9 and 6.7 cummins are 18mm-1.50
01 Dodge drain plug (M22-1.25) can be used.
I bought DieselSites plug,it has the copper washer.
The one i bought from RiffRaff has an o-ring.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys. went to auto zone and got a 22mm-1.50 plug for $8 and the AIH is no more.

worked great.

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts
Good deal,we don't need it anyways.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Question for ya, does not having it during the winter have any effect on the engine? I realize that it heats the intake air so starting a cold engine and sucking in cold air, will it affect anything?

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,377 Posts
my up dated early 99 never had the AIH..they didnt start putting them in till the 99.5's i dont even have the bowl heater or EBPV...in the 4 years its been like that up here she has never failed me...as far as that goes..my truck has never romped in the winters running delo 400 either..

·
Need a ride.
555 Posts
My AIH element has been deleted for about a year and no issues at all, and it was really cold this year. And the one from RiffRaff Diesel is nice, got my boost tube hooked to it.

·
PSN Mega Miler
6,515 Posts
It takes so may conditions being just right that the odds are your aih has never been on since the truck was new. It wont effect cold starts at all either.

Ive had mine removed for awhile now. I just cut the back side of the thing off and screwed it back in. Never noticed any power gains from removing it and had no problems with it after removing it.

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts
It takes so may conditions being just right that the odds are your aih has never been on since the truck was new. It wont effect cold starts at all either.

Ive had mine removed for awhile now. I just cut the back side of the thing off and screwed it back in. Never noticed any power gains from removing it and had no problems with it after removing it.
:whs:Its not for cold starts anyway.Its for emissions during long extended idle.

·
PSN Mega Miler
6,515 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.