Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
6.0beau
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone point me in the direction of a good aftermarket warranty company that will cover all diesel parts? I just had to cancel mine b/c they didn't want to cover anything on my truck when i took it in.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Can anyone point me in the direction of a good aftermarket warranty company that will cover all diesel parts? I just had to cancel mine b/c they didn't want to cover anything on my truck when i took it in.
Diesel Innovations!

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
What do you mean they didn't want to cover anything when you took it in?

·
6.0beau
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
all they wanted to cover was a fan clutch, i needed three injectors, head gasket, and egr valve, and they were going to go ahead and put on a turbo.

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
Good luck with it man....... Been there..... Read the fine print, most of them dont cover $hyt when it comes down to it. There is always a catch. If ya try and go with one of those BIG name companies, look out , probably still wont cover injectors . I tried to find one that would. Theyre milage criteria is like under 60k. Ya still have a factory warranty at that point. Oh and dont have anything aftermarket on it. Had one hang up on me when I told him I had 22s on my truck. Guess he figured I was wasting his time. If ya do happen to find one that will cover the powertrain with no strings attached.... by all means let me know. Hope it works out for ya.

·
oil burner
1,136 Posts
those extended warrantee companies are all scams! do youreself a favor and save your money.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Before you buy one of those aftermarket warranties, check out this thread, you might already be a millionaire.

·
6.0beau
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm pretty sure it was a scam. But i did get all my money back yesterday so i can't bitch to much. It really pisses me off b/c when i got the warranty i asked them if it covered all of that stuff and they said it did, plus one guy told me that i had paid a diesel surcharge so that stuff would be covered, well it wasn't and the [email protected]#$h in the claims department said there was no such surcharge. Oh well i think i am just going to go ask a for dealer who they use.

·
Gandy Dancer
5,972 Posts
You might want to read this.

Extended Warranties (click here)

We have long advised that extended warranties are a poor deal for almost every product. Now we have the first data showing that this advice applies to most new cars as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts