Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 08 f250. I pull a gooseneck trailer 24ft. Have a spartan tuner on the truck for the last 7 to 8 years. Transmission just started to act up. I’m thinking about getting a aftermarket one for the towing & to programmer. Who makes the bet one with warranty . I have codes if anyone what’s them.
Thanks for the help

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
What codes are stored?

I’m not a fan of the chain builders (ATS etc).

You’re best bet if you find someone who knows what they’re doing and rebuild it.

If you are interested, shoot me a PM, I build them as a side business.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The one guy I new & trusted is not longer with us. The codes are P0767 & P2703. It just started Friday. Doesn’t what to move unless you give it lots of throttle. There’s other codes to. Here they are.
p0480
P0528
P0767
P0100
P01260
P2703
& p0401
There’s a few. I have cleared them & they come back

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
They all come back?
THe 2703 is telling you direct is taking too long to apply.
Whether it be from clutch wear or apply piston issue.
Do the RPMs just ride with no movement or doesn’t it feel like it’s being held back?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’m in KCMO. It seem to feel like it’s being held back. Put if I get on the highway & mass it it takes off & shifts great. If you put it in 4x4? It asked like the transfer case is locked up

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes & no. I have been doing a lot of web searching. The two transmission codes one is P0767 is a shift solenoid D. I’m going to get it & replace it. Then do a filter & new fluid. I’ll be doing this next weekend. I’ll let everyone know how it goes. It’s about a $300.00 to try this.

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
Yes & no. I have been doing a lot of web searching. The two transmission codes one is P0767 is a shift solenoid D. I’m going to get it & replace it. Then do a filter & new fluid. I’ll be doing this next weekend. I’ll let everyone know how it goes. It’s about a $300.00 to try this.
If it hesitates going into reverse, don’t waste your money. Direct is applied mechanically in reverse through the manual valve. And 9.9 times out of 10 it will always set a solenoid performance code with the 2703 apply time code.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I’m going todo the shift solenoid this Thursday. Going to do a new filter to. How many quarters of transmission fluid do I need? If everything works out I’ll have the transmission flush done on it at the dealer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts