Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wonderin if anyone has seen em or used em? mine took a #### the other day and figured i could probably get a better one for same or less than the 330 ford wants for em?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just wonderin if anyone has seen em or used em? mine took a #### the other day and figured i could probably get a better one for same or less than the 330 ford wants for em?
guess not? anything else that would cause my truck to do wat its doin? when i push the butt0n on the controller it gets alot of juice and locks up the brakes but when i push the pedel nothin goes back. so im assumin its the brake controller? any ideas would be aprreciated. dont really want to spend the coin if its somethin else. Thanks.

·
Laces Out
12,314 Posts
guess not? anything else that would cause my truck to do wat its doin? when i push the butt0n on the controller it gets alot of juice and locks up the brakes but when i push the pedel nothin goes back. so im assumin its the brake controller? any ideas would be aprreciated. dont really want to spend the coin if its somethin else. Thanks.
i didnt even know what you were referring to by "tbc"

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
could be the pressure sensor in the master cylinder thats what the controller uses for the brake controller

·
917 Posts
If I recall the tbc does not send brake voltage to the trailer unless the truck is moving.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i didnt even know what you were referring to by "tbc"
sorry, thats wat ford always calls it so thats just wat i started calllin it. ill be clearer next time, :doh:
If I recall the tbc does not send brake voltage to the trailer unless the truck is moving.
okay thx, ill see if i can figure out some way to test it while drivin down the road... i gotta find a heavier trailer that i know works too. i guess the one could be the prob i trid it on my work trailer but couldnt feel it, but i might not notice if there workin anyway since its only like 4k.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
could be the pressure sensor in the master cylinder thats what the controller uses for the brake controller
okay, thanks i am gonna try to see if i can test it more acurratly and make sure its not sendin power. is the ford one inertia sensing or pressure? i am assuming pressure since there it a sensor in the master cylinder?

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
yeah pressure, thats why they work so much better than an aftermarket one, I think i would spend the 300 on the ford one, a good aftermarket inertia one is still 200 bucks

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah pressure, thats why they work so much better than an aftermarket one, I think i would spend the 300 on the ford one, a good aftermarket inertia one is still 200 bucks
yeah, i do like the way they feel. i thought it was for a while but then i talked to a couple different people that work at trailer places that said they were inertia, and that i could by the same one that ford uses that just looks a little bit different for 90 bucks. glad thats cleared up tho.

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
yeah, i do like the way they feel. i thought it was for a while but then i talked to a couple different people that work at trailer places that said they were inertia, and that i could by the same one that ford uses that just looks a little bit different for 90 bucks. glad thats cleared up tho.
yeah once you get it working right you will see that even when your not moving you can push the peddle and watch the bar on the controller go up and down with pedal pressure.

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
also if your truck didnt come with the controller it sucks to convert over because you have to buy the master cylinder to go with it, must have an extra sensor or something, but it gets really spendy quick

·
Registered
236 Posts
The dealer told me to check and see if you had an extra port that was not used. Or 2 ports total.. Something to that effect. i haven't even checked though.

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
The dealer told me to check and see if you had an extra port that was not used. Or 2 ports total.. Something to that effect. i haven't even checked though.
Right, i guess some trucks were "controler ready" but most that were, had them so its pretty rare. If anyone needs ill talk a pic of my master to compare to.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
also if your truck didnt come with the controller it sucks to convert over because you have to buy the master cylinder to go with it, must have an extra sensor or something, but it gets really spendy quick
yeah i heard your looking at about 1100 bucks to put it in later! pretty expensive. mine is sending some power now but not too much, the guy said it is probably because i am not moving at all when we test it. but i dunno if he nows cuz he said it was inertia and that the tekonsha iq or whatever was the same exact insides which it obviously aint so thanks for the help!.
oh and ps (dustin or dzchey i dunno anyway your truck is the only one i ever ever seen pull of black rims and still look BA. haha just thought id throw that out there.:D

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
Thanks

What kind of voltage are you seeing @ the plug on the rear of the truck with full brake?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks

What kind of voltage are you seeing @ the plug on the rear of the truck with full brake?
sorry i guess i say that too you alot. ha. um just in park its about 6 volts tho.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Did you get it fixed. Are you using a adapter. If so it could be whats wrong. I had the same problem. I had the wrong adapter and it would lock the brakes up as soon as you plug it in. They make 2 different ones it has to do with the way the center prong is wired on the adapter. Hope this helps.
-Mike

1 - 20 of 21 Posts