Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've installed numerous setups, but this is the first time when I've had to deal with a stock DVD entertainment system for the back seats. I'm merely putting a CD/MP3 double din unit in with amps and new speakers, etc. The question is how will the rear audio controls and the DVD system affect it? I found out today that unplugging the rear controls disables the rear speakers. What else will I run into?

·
"Slap hands slap hands"
1,487 Posts
When we put my double din in my excursion we ran RCA cables from the head unit through the headliner and plugged them into the DVD player in the back. This way when the head unit has a DVD on it will play on both TVs and all sound works including the subs I installed in the back door. You can also play a DVD in the back and use headphones for the movie and have the head unit still play music this way as well. That's my recommendation for the setup, best solution we came up with.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm.....may have to play around w/it a bit for that to work with what I have, but could be an option! :)

·
Professional American, guarding our constitution.
9,453 Posts
Isn't there an AUX input on your HU? Like Flossy said, you'd run a 15' or whatever length RCA cable from the DVD up to the HU.

I could only imagine the fun to be had in getting that headliner back up with no bubbles..

·
"Slap hands slap hands"
1,487 Posts
Actually isn't too bad Andy you just get the whole thing loose enought to run a piece of metal like a old antenna and fish it through to the pillar so you don't have to take the whole thing completely off and mess with it.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've got a basic HU so I don't have an input actually, but I'm pretty sure I can just use some Y adapters to the amp.

Really, I was more concerned with how the whole integration of rear/front DVD/radio would come into play with the aftermarket items.

As for the headliner, it's actually fiberglass reinforced and maintains its shape even when taken out. I just took mine out to apply some sound deadening (like Dynamat but not the same brand). Took about an hour to get it out. Wasn't too bad at all.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts