Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me a clue here? My aftermarket radio stays on after the truck is shut off and door open.

I just replaced the one that was in it because the PO Fubar'd the last one.
I thought the old one did it because of that, but the new one also does this.

Not a big deal, just have to remember to turn it off before exit.

Side note that the PO also has the drivers door dome light disconnected. I thought it was due to maybe he left it open a lot while working. (Silly idea I know) So as I was going through the truck doing all of the small repairs he neglected I REconnected the dome light, well then it never shut off so it is now disconnected once again.

Any help or knowledge that can be tossed my way would be great.

Thanks

2002 F350 CC 4X4 XL

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
Its wired to a constant power. Needs to be wired to the Key switched lead.

Lemme guess someone hacked off the wire harness ends?:doh:

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought that the wiring harness had been hacked but it wasnt. I used a wiring harness for the new radio too.

After a while when I get back in the truck it wont turn on without the key being on, so it does shut off and isnt a constant 12v.

Oh well I guess I shouldnt put too much time into this. Just one of those little things that eats away at you because its not quite right. If the factory head unit had an aux port I would gladly go back to it.

Thanks for your suggestions fellas. Im going to check out the wiring site anyhow.

·
Administrator
32,962 Posts
I wonder if your retained power is not sensing your door being open and it is running the timed cycle instead ?

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wonder if your retained power is not sensing your door being open and it is running the timed cycle instead ?

That sounds about right........now if I knew how to correct it>:doh: I would guess that there is a switch with the door but I'll be damned if I can find it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thats what it sounds like to me.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks gents, I will look into that this weekend.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts