Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bunch of things that need to be wired up shortly, and they all need relays. 2 a/w ic pumps, 1 fuel pump, and 2 water injection pumps. I can get them all wired up, but, there has to be an easier, neater way. I am looking for something that I can run one big 12v+ to and do the wiring from there. Anybody know of anything? I searched around at some audio stuff, but didn't see what I am looking for.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
Go to a bone yard and get one out of a ford crown vic police car. might even look at the f-150 deal mounted on the firewall pass side.

·
ARMY bound
6,990 Posts
ahhh if you need the police junction boxes I'll see if I have any around. I usually pull them out with the police wiring and toss them. But I might be able to find some if you want. PM me if that's what you end up needing.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Go to a bone yard and get one out of a ford crown vic police car. might even look at the f-150 deal mounted on the firewall pass side.
Thanks! That may be just what I need. And when you wrote crown vic police car, I thought of bbx.......

ahhh if you need the police junction boxes I'll see if I have any around. I usually pull them out with the police wiring and toss them. But I might be able to find some if you want. PM me if that's what you end up needing.
I guess I would need to see what one looks like, but I can imagine a police car requiring a lot of relays, and should work fine. When you have time, that would be great! Thanks!

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Caption This
4,258 Posts
I'd use a fine strand 8 gauge for the power wire. I'd power all of the relays with the same wire. Then I would install a small short connector from the power terminal to the + side of the relay coil and switch the - side. You might even find a relay that is internally wired.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
you can always run a larger wire to a dist pannel then tap off that.
each can have its own feed, fuse etc. there was a new product in one of the diesel mags not too long ago dealing this very problem , basically it was a small box or series of boxes that distributed power but was suppose to use far less wiring. have a look at some boat shops etc, they have hundreds of different sub pannels, distribution blocks etc.

·
<---- my shop
1,297 Posts
I got a fuses distribution box from napa. Had a heavy input stud that you run a positive to from the batt and then has 8 fused outputs so that everything was safe. if your interested let me know i can look up the part number. and it wasnt that expensive.

·
Registered
93 Posts
can you post that part number? I have a similar situation and sounds like that just may be the item I need.

Thanks,

·
Registered
202 Posts
X2 :whs:

·
<---- my shop
1,297 Posts
alright i got a couple of them.

first is 782-3212 (this is the one that i am runnin) it is 100 amp max and has 10 fused outputs

then 782-5316 it is 100 amp max and has 6 fused outputs

the best (my opinion) is 782-3205 it is 100 amp max and has 14 fused outputs but also has a ground block in the molded design

I plan to upgrade to the 782-3205 cuz i have a few more assesories to add to the 450 as i rebuild the interior.

·
TennesseeHillbilly
1,318 Posts

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
I need one of those napa blocks badly in the spring when I fix and neaten up all my wiring.

It would be even better to put a huge relay on the power supply line going to the block so everything connected to the block is only on when the key is.

·
<---- my shop
1,297 Posts
I need one of those napa blocks badly in the spring when I fix and neaten up all my wiring.

It would be even better to put a huge relay on the power supply line going to the block so everything connected to the block is only on when the key is.
This is what i plan to do when i do the wiring on my truck. the fuse block with switch on and off with the key to prevent from killin the batts

1 - 20 of 22 Posts